A Need For More

I curl and uncurl my sweaty fingers around the bow just in time for a refreshing breeze to blow through. Refreshed, I tightened my grip on it again. I reach for my quiver with arrows hanging from my back and bringing it back over my shoulder. I hook it on the string of the bow, pulling it back. I felt the tension creep up on me, sitting on my shoulders and back.

Feeling satisfied, I released the grip on the arrow. Letting the build up tension fire it off to the target in the distance that sat at about 50, no, 60 meters from me.

And narrowly missed.

Again.

I deadpanned at my incompetence with a bow and arrow. My eyes traveling over the arrows that littered the ground. Some broken. Some that I couldn't properly load on the string. Only a few of the many actually hit the target's bullseye. And some more to the side. Some flew off to where ever you might think.

This is only the first day after I had gotten the bow so I can cut myself some slack but...

... how is my aim so baddd for someone who has practiced the entire night through till dusk. Maybe it's because I'm trying to hard. My aim isn't nearly as bad when I fire spells though, even if I tried. Really. What is the difference between firing an arrow and a fireball?

Sigh...

Mana exists everywhere, in the atmosphere surrounding us and within ourselves, making up the building blocks of this world. Some can utilize and sense it but others can't do the same. One is capable of a variety of things with mana. You can visualize your desired effect on your surroundings and then manufacture something known as a magical phenomenon. Bending the laws of nature that covens this world to your will.

It all depends on your imagination. Your ability conceptualize it to fit your needs. In my past life it was considered fiction but now... I'm living that fiction.

Yes.

I have read plenty and more than enough of these fantasy stories with theories as to what mana is. As well as this one's. That might be the only thing I have over Arthur. My so called 'experience' in mana theory.

My Concept of Mana.

But maybe I'm just spouting bullshit. Maybe I'm being delusional. Maybe... this is just a dream. 

So I need to work hard. As it stands, I'm weaker then Arthur. I haven't even tapped into the second phase of my Beast Will and even if I did, I'm not sure if could best Arthur. He is the only person, as of now, I can measure myself against and ascertain how much I need to grow. And in turn I can teach him the things he would have learned in the future. And the Mirage Walk should be able to keep him busy for awhile. In that time I can go and become an adventurer, the surrounding mana is just not enough, even with the help of my Mana Heart.

I'm ignorant to many things but winning...

...is not one of them.

That is until now of course. If only I could've had something like a Domain like JJK. The sure hit effect would be nice right about now.

"JJ... K... " the syllables rolled off my tongue as I realized something.

If I could cast a domain... with the surrounding mana... that would be...

But how though?

I could absorb the mana but that would lead to an overload of my mana core I can't expel it fast enough. And it wouldn't be much of a domain as someone could also absorb mana from within that domain. I can't have that now, can I?

"Mmmm. " I hummed.

I could expel mana from my core - no. That'll just be expelling mana continuously with no barrier in mind. That's not gonna work. I need something... like a glass that could hold the mana in that area.