Forbidden Consequences

After that encounter, or should she label it as a passionate sexual encounter, she decided to abstain from further visits to the club. Her life was about to undergo a significant shift as she was in the midst of transitioning to a new university. In the past, she had dedicated her teaching skills to senior high students in Quezon City, but she had aspirations to instruct at a more advanced level. Additionally, she coveted the role of student council adviser, a position she had held at her previous teaching institution. However, being a newcomer posed a significant obstacle to obtaining that coveted role.

Fortunately, she possessed a valuable connection in Avalon that could potentially pave the way - a privilege, one might say. Yet, it was not as though there were many contenders vying for the position to begin with.

Matapos ang ilang araw, dumating na ang Lunes kaya agad siyang nag-asikaso dahil kailangan niyang bumyahe. It will take her almost 2 hours to get there. Luck was on her side that day as the early hour spared her from the usual traffic woes.

Before heading to her first class, she took a moment to freshen up. She exuded confidence, her demeanor marked by a stark contrast to some of her colleagues who adopted a more authoritarian approach to teaching. She preferred an environment devoid of pressure, one in which students felt comfortable enough to ask questions without fear.

"I understand that most of you are already acquainted with each other, but I'm a newcomer, as I mentioned earlier. Would you mind if we did a brief introduction? It may seem cliché, but it's important for me to get to know you all better. A minute or three per person should suffice." Thankfully, none of her students objected. To her surprise, each student introduced themselves with genuine enthusiasm.

Natapos ang unang klase niya paglipas ng ilang oras. Agad din siyang dumiretso sa building kung saan ang sunod na klase niya at ginawa ang ginawa niya sa nauna.

The introductions continued for another three hours, revealing that most, if not all, of her students relished expressing themselves in various ways.

During a brief respite in the cafeteria, she received an email from one of her fellow advisers. It informed her of a meeting in 30 minutes to discuss school policies, regulations, and the dynamics within the adviser-council relationship.

Being a quick eater, she swiftly finished her meal and set off to locate the designated meeting room.

No'ng makarating siya sa loob, marami-rami na rin ang mga tao, at agad niyang nilapitan isa sa mga nakasabay niya no'ng araw na in-interview siya regarding sa pagtuturo sa Avalon. "Hey," she began. "When is it starting?"

"They're waiting for three more people, and then we'll begin," sagot nito na may ngiti. Clearly, she was a bubbly personality.

Before she could express her gratitude, three more individuals entered the room. She didn't pay much attention to the last entrant, as the first took the lead and began speaking immediately.

"Good day, everyone. My name is Ronnie Williams. It took him nearly an hour to cover all the topics he had in mind before he finally settled into his chair, allowing the next speaker to step forward. As everyone's attention shifted to the other end of the long table, she noticed something peculiar.

"Thank you, Sir. Hello, everyone. I am Justine Elin Lopez, the president of the student council. May I continue the meeting?" Everyone nodded in approval, except for her, who sat there with her mouth agape, stunned by the familiar face before her.

The president of the student council? A student!

Hindi gaya ng kung gaano siya kaseryoso na nakinig kay Mr. Williams, ngayon ay halos wala nang pumasok na salita sa kan'yang isipan dahil sa taong patuloy na nagsasalita sa kabilang sulok ng silid.