Navigating Everything

"Really, there's no need to drive me to school," Jeanne protested, aware that Jel didn't have any classes today, and not wanting to inconvenience them.

"But I want to, pretty," Jel persisted, gently holding her hands.

"The school is only 20 minutes away," Jeanne countered.

"But it's raining."

Jeanne glanced out the window, confirming the rain. "I have my umbrella."

"Still..." Jel pouted, a rare occurrence that weakened Jeanne's resolve. It was a departure from Jel's usual composed demeanor, which made it harder to resist.

Sighing, Jeanne relented. "Fine."

Nang makarating sila sa school, Jel mentioned their plans for council work, so they parted ways.

"Take care," Jel said, watching her exit the car, she placed a kiss on their cheek, silently affirming, 'I will.'

Midway through her class, a message from Jel appeared. "Pretty, are you still in class?" She chose to ignore it, assuming Jel would deduce her situation.

Maya-maya, muli na naman s'yang naka-receive ng message mula rito. "Can I sit in?"

"Why?" She replied, settling into her seat.

Jel's quick response came. "I don't have anything to do."

"You said you had tasks in the office." It had only been an hour, making her wonder how Jel wrapped up their duties so swiftly. Bakit nga ba niya kailangan pang magtaka rito gayong alam niya naman na magaling ito pagdating sa pagma-manage ng oras at responsibilidad nito?

"I'm done." "May I?" magkasunod na message nito.

She sent the room address, and soon, Jel appeared before her.

"Good day, President," greeted her students upon the student council president's entrance.

"Good day, everyone," Jel responded.

"Wala po ba kayong ia-announce?" a student asked.

Umiling ito bilang pagsagot sa tanong. "No, I just wanted to sit it. May I?" The students nodded, and they settled in as the professor resumed.

*****

"You did an excellent job, ma'am," Jel complimented with a genuine smile after the students had left, leaving just the two of them.

"Stop," Jeanne playfully rolled her eyes, unsure how to take the compliment.

"What?" Jel inquired, mirroring a sincere smile.

She gave them a serious look but both of them knew that it was not a serious one.

"You were so enthusiastic while teaching; I loved it." Jel gently caressed her cheek, causing Jeanne to momentarily close her eyes at the warmth.

"I love teaching students new things," sagot niya bago marahang halikan ang palad nito.

"I love learning new things about you," Jel remarked, leaning in for a kiss. Jeanne met them halfway, but a knock interrupted them before their lips could touch.

She quickly pulled away to open the door, revealing Laurielei.

"Rie..." Her voice wavered slightly. "What are you doing here?"

"Didn't you say we'd have lunch together? You wanted to talk about something," Laurielei replied, eyeing the other person inside the room.

She followed Laurielei's gaze, seeing Jel standing confidently as if they weren't almost caught by one of the university professors.