Defining Desires

As planned, the group decided to visit an escape room, with 14 participants divided into two teams. Initially, Jel was assigned to the other group, but now, she found them standing behind her, ready to enter the room.

Despite her initial discomfort, Jeanne didn't complain. Bukod sa paminsan-minsan siya nitong tinatanong kung okay na ba talaga and tuhod niya ay talaga ngang matalino ito. She had to admit Jel was incredibly smart, and they had solved nearly every puzzle together.

"Why don't we split up and try to find some clues on our own, or we can split into two groups?" Jel suggested to the team.

Everyone nodded in agreement and chose their path. However, Jel stayed right beside her. "Shall we go together?"

She sighed inwardly, thinking, "It's not like I have a choice."

Habang abala ito sa pag-encode ng right digits sa digital padlock ay maingat naman niya itong iniilawan gamit ang maliit na flashlight na hawak niya.

Jel abruptly stopped, facing her. "You should focus the light on the object, not on my hands."

Umatras siya nang bahagya at saka ito kinontra, "That's not what I am trying to do."

"Yeah?" Once again, Jel leaned in closer, making their faces almost touch.

Agad niya itong tinulak nang marahan. "Ikaw na lang kaya maghawak nitong flashlight tapos ako na gagawa n'yan?" She took the small treasure chest from their hands and began guessing the right code, even though she had no clue what it might be.

"Where should I put my other hand?" they inquired while holding the flashlight in their left hand.

"Put it inside your nose, if you may," masungit na sagot niya habang inaabala ang sarili.

Nagulat siya nang bigla n'yang maramdaman ang kamay nito sa hita niya. What are you doing?"

"Just trying to use my other hand for something," Jel replied, slowly moving their palm along her thigh.

"Stop, there are cameras," mariing bulong niya rito bago naglinga-linga sa paligid at tingnan kung may nakatutok bang camera sa kanila.

"Doesn't that make it more exciting?" Jel's hand crept upward, but she swiftly slapped it away to prevent it from going any further.

"If we take too long on this one, you're not getting anything from me later." She refocused on the digital padlock, but Jel took it from her.

"Let me." It took them less than ten seconds to figure out the correct code. Thanks to Jel's quick thinking, their team escaped the room twelve minutes ahead of the other group.

*****

JEL's side

Switching to Instagram, they sent Jeanne a message from their private account.

lollickher: Where's my reward?

To their surprise, Jeanne responded within a minute.

**jea_tera**: Who is this?

**lollickher**: It's me.

**jea_tera**: Who?

**lollickher**: Jel.

**jea_tera**: Don't mess around.

Understandably, no one would believe an anonymous account with no followers or followings. Jel stood up, left their room, and checked if anyone else was awake and outside. They took a picture of their hand in front of Jeanne's door and sent it to her.

**lollickher**: Why don't you open your door and let me in?

They expected the door to open any minute, but to their disappointment, Jeanne responded with a message.