Canvas of Connection

Under the dappled sunlight of the orchard, they found themselves entangled in a playful yet meaningful exchange.

"Where are you planning to take me this time?" Jeanne asked, her voice threaded with excitement, her gaze fixed on Jel.

Their eyes sparkled with a secret they held close. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll love it," Jel replied, a mischievous smile playing on their lips.

"Can't I have a clue?" she teased. Her curiosity danced in her eyes.

"Hmm... Tita said it's one of your favorites," Jel responded.

"Dinamay mo pa talaga si mama." She chuckled, her heart swelling with affection. Jel's inclusion of her mother in their plans was endearing, isa lang itong patunay na talagang pareho silang seryoso sa bagay na pinpasok nila ngayon.

Nginitian lang siya nito.

"Yesterday flowers, now fruits?" she inquired, her tone laced with curiosity as Jel presented a freshly picked apple.

"Yes, we're picking your favorites."

"How did you know?" she asked, her eyes wide. They caught her by surprise; their ability to anticipate her desires never ceased to amaze her.

"I told you, I asked Tita," Jel replied.

Pabiro niya lang itong tinayaran.

"Let's play something," Jel proposed. "The one who picks more apples than the other will get a kiss."

"Why does it seem like you're going to win in both ways?" She teased as she raised a brow.

"I'm kidding," Jel responded, their shoulders lifting in a casual shrug.

"I wish you weren't," she admitted. She longed for Jel's affection, their kisses like sweet promises.

"What?" Jel said in surprise, their confusion apparent, but she ignored it.

"What's the catch?" She inquired, her eyes searching Jel's face for the answer.

"I'll give you anything you want," Jel declared.

"Okay," pagpayag niya na bakas ang kumpiyansa sa sarili.

"Aren't you going to ask me in case I win?" Jel asked.

"You won't, trust me," she said, her voice carrying a playful challenge, her eyes holding Jel's in a steady gaze. She dared them to prove her wrong.

In a surprising turn of events, sinadya nitong hindi pumitas ng mga mansanas.

"Where's yours?" Her eyes are alight with amusement, her heart fluttering with joy knowing that Jel values her happiness more than anything.

"I couldn't pick anything. Ayaw ipapitas sa akin, e," Jel replied, a knowing smile curving their lips. "What would you like me to give you or to do for you?"

"I want you to bring me home later."

"You know I always do that." Their voice warm with familiarity and love, their eyes tender as they met her gaze. Halata sa mga tingin nila na ito'y nalilito dahil sa request niya gayong palagi nga naman siya nitong hinahatid sa bahay nila kahit pa gaano ito kapagod o kahit na may importante pa itong ginagawa.

"And then bring me back to your place with my things," she added. Halata sa boses niya na seryoso ang mga salitang binitiwan niya.

She watches as Jel blinked a few times, pondering her words.

"Let me live with you."

Jeanne knew that this thing between them was entering a new chapter; a life lived together.