Announcement: New Book!!

*SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR COVER AND TEASER*

A/N: Hey guys! I know it's super random that I'm updating this book after like yearssss especially since it's been completed for a while now. (Also I changed my username from PastelGen22 to StarlightRosemary)

But I got a lot of people asking me when I was gonna release a new book and I actually wasn't planning on it cause life was moving fast for a while but I've had so much inspiration and motivation lately that I really find myself wanting to. It's not going to be related at all to Dear Neighbor Boy so i'm sorry if that's disappointing but I'm really excited for this story!

It follows the main girl, Juliet as she's going to college and joins a band. She forms a deep bond with her band despite the lead guitarist being a huge jerk, but the main focus of the story is her falling in love. I have a couple chapters done but I want to get more of a rough draft done for my book outline before I release anything. I want this book to be more organized than Dear Neighbor Boy was cause I didn't really have a set direction with that one. But I know the first chapter should be out fairly soon. I'll probably release the first two chapters together cause the introduction chapter is pretty short and that way you get a slightly better feel for the book.

Anyways, I don't know if anyone else will be interested in it but either way i'm extremely excited to write it. It's been years since I wrote on here and my brain is itching to do that again. To see more visuals and aesthetics and stuff on the characters before you get to read about them, look on my tiktok @Rosemary.Starlight

First little teaser, here's the cover I made for it. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent but the book will open with this cover.

Anyways thank you guys so much for reading Dear Neighbor Boy and I hope you follow me along for Voice Like Honey

Anyways thank you guys so much for reading Dear Neighbor Boy and I hope you follow me along for Voice Like Honey. (I also need to remember to update the cover for Dear Neighbor Boy since I changed my username lol)

Love,
G✰︎

*NOW TIME FOR THE BOOK TEASER*

.
.
.

Dorian sighed before handing me a microphone. "Tell us what song you wanna sing and if we know it, we'll play it. If not, pick a different song."

"Limp by Fiona Apple." I said with a mix of confidence and nervousness in my voice, if that was possible.

He nodded his head and gestured at the band for them to pick up their instruments that were lied out on the floor in the center of the room around me. I was so grateful to the universe that they knew how to play that song cause I had rehearsed it all on the way here.

Dorian picked up an electric guitar directly next to me while Jem stood at the keyboard behind me. Kazuko grabbed a bass on my other side. Finally, Darcy sat on the stool behind the drum set and lifted his arms into the air, clacking his drumsticks together.

The piano started and I waited a few seconds before my cue came up. The good thing about this song was that it started slow before building up, so it gave me time to get my nerves out.

"You wanna make me sick
You wanna lick my wounds
Don't you, baby?
You want the badge of honor when you save my hide
But you're the one in the way of the day of doom, baby"

The drums kicked in and I immediately felt more confident as we settled into the song. I decided to do what I knew a lot of female lead singers did: pick one of the people on either side of you to look at during your performance and form a connection. It was great for stage presence but in this case, maybe it would get them to notice me more.

I was a little scared of Dorian so I looked to my left at Kazuko. Unfortunately, she was so lost in her bass playing that she had her eyes closed. So, I turned to my right as I sang and looked at Dorian. I tried not to choke on the words when I realized he was already staring at me as his fingers moved along the fret of his guitar. His eyes were sharp as they studied me. I held eye contact as I sang no matter how badly the goosebumps on my arms appeared.

"And when I think of it, my fingers turn to fists
I never did anything to you, man
No matter what I try, you'll beat me with your bitter lies
So call me crazy, hold me down
Make me cry, get off now, baby
It won't be long 'til you'll be lying limp in your own hands"

I could feel his stare sinking into me throughout the song, even long after I chickened out of my attempt to form a musical connection. It didn't help that his eyes were the color of the Atlantic sea on a rageful stormy night; both terrifying and beautiful. I did my best to ignore it as the song went on.

Towards the end of the song when it was nothing but slow keyboard, he slowly started walking to me, slinging his guitar by the strap to his back. When he reached me, he looked at me and leaned down to my height. I was so glad there wasn't any singing at this part of the song because if there was, my voice would've come out completely shaken. He had flustered my senses so much that I didn't even realize my cue had come up, but it didn't matter because I realized why he came so close. He wasn't leaning down to me, he was leaning down to the mic.

As the last chorus started, his fingers began moving on his guitar again as he turned the microphone to himself and he sang the lyrics instead of me. The thing was, he was so close and he looked at me the whole time. I couldn't move and neither could my eyes. His voice was raspy and deep and absolutely mesmerizing. The song almost felt like it was made for his voice which was weird since it was originally sung by a woman. But he made it sound even more rough and alluring.

"And when I think of it, my fingers turn to fists
I never did anything to you, man
But no matter what I try, you'll beat me with your bitter lies"

He slowly eased out of singing halfway through the chorus, signaling for me to sing the second half. He took his hand off his fret board and used two fingers to turn the microphone back to me. I pulled myself out of my trance to finish off the song and recover from my embarrassment.

"So call me crazy, hold me down
Make me cry, get off now, baby
It won't be long 'til you'll be lying limp in your own hands"

The song ended abruptly as it does and he was still leaning down looking at me. He studied me carefully with pensive eyes while I tried to calm my somewhat obvious gasps for breath. I realized  I was wrong about something. Up close, his eyes were more like the color of the auroras. A mix of blue and green sparkling in his irises that made me recognize something I didn't even know. I almost felt as if I could confide in those eyes the way I would confide in the northern lights if I were there. That thought was insane considering I'd only known him for about fifteen minutes and I could already tell the type of person he was: A jerk.