Peeping Toms in a Harness Disturb Athena's Salad

*Hazel's Pov*

I brought the walkie talkie up to my mouth and spoke into it. "Asher, are these walkie talkies really necessary?" I asked as I crouched behind a bush with Athena.

"Don't call me that! Call me by my code name." He replied back.

I rolled my eyes. "Sorry. Master Muffinman, are these walkie talkies really necessary?"

"Yes they are. Now stop getting distracted and get ready to engage, Princess Popsicle Stick and Goddess of Wisdom. Over and out." He was really going spy mode on this, huh.

I turned to Athena and signaled to her. She nodded and we quickly jumped over the white fence at Claire's house. We crawled to the window and as Athena slung her backpack off her shoulders, she began taking out her hiking equipment.

"Strap me up well, okay? I don't wanna break any bones." I chuckled nervously.

"Don't worry, girl. I always had to do this stuff when I'd go hiking so I'm pretty good at it." She took out the harness and strapped me up. She attached the rope on the harness to a tree branch sticking out next to the window and handed me the camera.

"Okay, I think we're all good. Pull me up." She slowly pulled on the rope, lifting me up to the window. Once I was at a good level, I looked down and gave her a thumbs up.

"Good luck!" She whisper-yelled to me before crouching behind the tree.

I put the camera on the windowsill and made sure to level myself just a bit below the window so I wouldn't be seen. The camera wasn't big, so I knew Claire and my dad wouldn't see it.

I checked the time quickly on my phone and started rolling the camera. It was ten pm which was the time that my dad and Claire usually strolled into her room for...um...you know.

Right on time! The door was aggressively opened and slammed against the wall. In came Claire and my dad-bleugh-making out. They started taking off their clothes and that's when I looked away and stared at something better, which to be honest could've been anything. Wow my shoes looked really nice from here...

A thousand years later (or at least that's what it felt like), I heard some....noises that signaled they were done. I waited a few minutes longer, really taking in what I was doing. I was recording my dad doing it with some other girl so that I could show it to my family, my mom. Was I doing the right thing? I shook the thought off and decided that the footage I got was enough.

I didn't want them to be able to hear me so I couldn't yell out to Athena. I grabbed my walkie talkie and whispered into it. "Athena, er, Goddess of Wisdom, I'm done. Pull me down, over and out."

I felt myself get lowered but before my feet could touch the ground, I was swooped up by a pair of arms. I turned to see that they were Asher's.

I looked at him with a startled look. "Asher! What are you doing? Where's Athena?" I whisper-yelled while frantically looking around.

"Relax, Princess," he said lazily, "She's in the car. I convinced her to let me have the job of catching you by telling her she'd be a wayyyy better getaway driver than me. We all know that's a lie but-"

"No, she probably would be better." I laughed as Asher frowned at my comment. "Now let's go before we get caught."

He unattached the rope from the branch and carried me to the car right before setting me down and opening the door for me. I crawled into the back seat with Asher following me.

"I could've walked here myself, you know." I smiled at Asher.

"Of course you could've, but it's fun to hold you." He smiled back. My heart almost leaped out at the way he said that. I couldn't stop staring at him until Athena spoke.