Chapter 5: Reality

Miles

I blacked out. I slowly regain consciousness as I heard his voice. "Miles, mate! Miles! Wake up!"

I saw Hobie's worried faced in front of me and I started to sit up straight. "What happened?"

He looks around and I also wandered my eyes around. It looks like we are in an apartment with very messy things and have a massive computer setup. Then someone opened the door and my eyes widened.

"Oh.... Quinzel... It seems like we have a visitor."  She looks exactly like Gwen but they don't sound alike. She didn't have the fade that Gwen has but her hair is the same length and it's also blonde and pink.

Someone peeked from the front door and she smiled. "Omg, it's Miles Morales and Hobie Brown!"

"Oh my lord." Hobie mumbled then I quickly stood up and tried to sling to other building through the window but it didn't work.

"No powers work here, all of the people are normal here. No superheroes or anything." Gwen lookalike explained as she tried to approached us slowly.

She titled her head and looked at us from head to toe. "Are you from the comics?"

"They are from the new movie, Gwen. Across the spiderverse! I invite to watch it!" The Quinzel said as she stepped closer to us.

"Well this can't be good." Hobie whispered to me as he stood in the front of me trying to protect me.

"Oh, then they are still from the comics, Silly." Gwen then raised her hand for a handshake. "Hello Hobie and Miles, I'm Gwen Stacy. I'm not the Gwen Stacy you know but I know everything about you."

Hobie looked at her hand then back to her eyes. "I don't do shake hands."

"Uhh nice to meet you." I just said and I took her hand while slightly pushed Hobie out of the way.

"I'm Quinzel, writer of Alexis." Quinzel introduced herself and we shook hands as well.

"Writer of Alexis?" I asked and Quinzel just smiled at me then she tightened her grip on my hand. She pulled me slower and uttered. "The less you know, the better."

"Alexis brought them here, I guess." Gwen said then Hobie narrowed his eyes. "In what Earth are we?"

"You- I don't know how to say this. Should I say it?" Gwen asked Quinzel and she moved her head from left to right. "You better not."

"Okay then, you two should change outfit. People will think that you are all cosplaying." Gwen grabbed a bag and walked away but she stopped before she reach the door. "Any more questions? This Alexis's place."

"How long will be staying here?" Hobie questioned and I quickly glanced at him in confusion. "Don't you had a watch?"

"Alexis took them before they drop us here." Our gaze met as he was explaining things. "Things got really rough when you passed out. I almost got my head blown off and they really create a bloody mess."

"It will be one week before he comes home here and another one week coz he'll be staying here for a while." Gwen explained then she left.

Quinzel smiled and ran to the closet. "ALRIGHT BOYS! LET'S CHANGE YOUR OUTFITS!"

"Stranger danger." Hobie murmured as Quinzel came out of the closet with a bunch of clothes.

"We need to get back... I have my family back at home and I know they are worried of me." I said to her as she hands me some clothes and she sighed. "Time works differently here, don't worry. You'll just be gone by... Two days perhaps."