Chapter 7: Getting to Know

Miles

We head back home while I tell Quinzel the whole story. "So she betrayed you, your Gwen? Man,and you still like her?"

"I don't know." I looked down as Hobie opened the door for me and grabbed the paper bags I'm holding. "Oh thank you."

I immediately glanced back at Quinzel and she's blushing. I narrowed my eyes and she smirked.

"You need to move on about that Gwen, it sounds like she's not a good news." She continued and I rolled my eyes. "You don't know her, she-.." I just sighed and went inside.

I slammed my whole body in the bed and just closed my eyes. "Miles?" Quinzel called my name but I didn't respond.

"Give him a break, we did shopping all day. He's prolly tired." Hobie explained and Quinzel sighed. "Okay, the sun is about to set and... I should probably get going. I have a curfew and don't worry. There's money on the bag and there's also food in the refrigerator."

She then sighed and left. We were both left alone here. The room was filled with silence and Hobie decided to break it.

"Are you still head over heels with Gwen?" He questioned and I just sat up straight. "I don't know, she betrayed me and she lied me multiple times. I know for it's my own good and... I don't know if I could trust her with my heart."

He then walked towards the window and smirked. "Don't ya wanna come with me, mate?"

He went to the fire exit and waited for me. "Where?" I asked and he looked up.

"In the rooftop." He replied then I nodded. He quickly got up and I followed him.

It was a great view, the sun was setting and everything. It's like a break from all the chaos, I've cause.

 It's like a break from all the chaos, I've cause

"Miguel was wrong." Hobie suddenly spoke and he glanced at my eyes. "it's not your fault, it's bound to happen."

We stared at each other's gaze for a really long time. "The view is beautiful."

"Indeed, it is." He uttered while he was not breaking the eye contact.

I can feel it again, that feeling I felt when I was with Gwen. That feeling I felt when we were listening to The lady in red and Alexis. That feeling I got, when... I was...no.. I'm not-.. Am I?? I quickly looked in the opposite direction whilst hiding my face.

He sighed and asked "what's your favorite color? Every spiderman has one, don't we?"

"It's orange, not the bright orange or the one criminals wear." My eyes immediately went to see the sunset. "It's like the color of the sunset."