Chapter 21: Bonding

Miles

Hobie and I took a break. We just went to our universe and bonded. We both spent the whole day with my parents.

"So are you two dating?" My mom asked and Hobie held my hand.

"Yes, mom. We've been for weeks now.." I replied then my mom smiled brightly and just screamed. "AH I KNEW IT!!"

"Calm down... Rio." My dad said then he quickly stared at Hobie. "Do you have the money to sustain my son?"

"Dad!??!" I am shock and he just casually laughs. "Just kidding, you guys are just teens so yeah."

"Hey, why don't we invite Hobie to our party tomorrow?" My mom asked and I smiled.

I glanced at Hobie and replied. "I mean we should ask him, you know."

"I'm down." He replied then my mom celebrated.

"You should also invite your Uncle Aaron from another universe and also your friends." My dad suggested and I just looked down. "Maybe we keep it down and just.. invite Hobie.."

"Come on, Mijo" she held my other hand and leaned closer to me. "As your parents, we would love to see all of your friends. You said that it's okay to travel in other universes you know."

"Yeah but.." I might not... See them again.. but now maybe it's the last time we see each other again. "Sure.."

"Oh my god!! Yess!!" My mom just... She just looks so happy and I wish... I- Hobie leaned closer to me and whispered. "You know if you-" I interrupted him by saying. "It's okay.."

Then we talked a lot. They are accepting of me and Hobie. The dinner ends well, we both headed to my room and he just kinda wandered around.

"Oh what's this?" He picked up my sketchbook then I was about to stopped him. "Hey, don't-" he opened it.

He smiled brightly and laughed afterwards. "Yeah I forgot you used a huge crush on Gwen."

"Shut up, give me that!" I tried to grabbed it but I failed and slipped.

He let go of my sketchbook and caught me. "You keep on falling."

We stared at each other's eyes and I quickly smack his face. "shut up!" I accidentally hit him so hard and I quickly regretted it.

"Ouch." He mumbled as he touched his face, I got worried and held his face. "Are you okay???"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Then he touched my hands and our gaze met. "You look fine."

"Stop it." I quickly stand up and I know my heart is pumping so fast.

He laughed it off and he just sat on my bed. "Can I sleep here tonight?"

I sat beside him then answered "uhmmm yeah.."

We were lost at each other's gaze and our face just move towards each other. It's like magnetic, but slowly and surely. I gulped as I stared at his lips and... My mother came in.

"Hola, boys." We quickly looked away and just moved up from each other. "I've got some desserts.. you wanna grab a bite?"

"Yes ma'am." Hobie replied then he quickly went away but my mom stayed and sat beside me.

"What are the odds that I will find my son so confuse right now?" My mom asked then I quickly glanced at her. "What do you mean, mom?"

"I mean, you are with your love ones now. You are smiling and laughing with us but it seems like something bothers you." My mom uttered then she moved closer to me. "Can I know it, Mijo?"

"Mom..." I took a deep breath and just spilled it. "I know that my friends will gonna forget me someday. If that happens... Will you be there?"

"I will, Mijo." She patted my back and smiled. "And if they forget you. Let's say you were completely ripped away from their memories, you will still be there deep inside."

I just listened to her as she speaks. "You know reincarnations right?" She asked and I nodded. "When I was in the same age as you. I lost my grandmother. I was very devastated.. but then I thought maybe if reincarnation was real... We will meet again. Even though in the next life, we will be completely different or even worse, we don't know each other. Strangers... Perhaps.."

She looked very far and just continued. "I would still love that. The thought of us both existing is wonderful for me. I love her existence, so I would love if other people will feel it in our next lives. I would love that both us will continue existing even though we don't know each other. Just that thought give me hope... That maybe our paths will cross each other again.. And continue on living. It's just very wonderful for me."

She massaged my head and kissed me in the forehead. "that's why if your friends forget you, just remember that you will still both exist. Different paths, maybe but atleast you are existing and experiencing life.."

"And if they die, their memory will pass on and continue on living." She sighed and chuckled. "Well it's probably confusing to you but I can't really explain it you know. It's been hard hard for me to explain things."

I hugged her tightly and she hugged back. "Mijo, don't worry. Whatever it is you're dealing now, you will... Survive it. I believe in you."