Chapter Six

Sure, she had been packing for the last few weeks, and Riley had even helped her skim apartments on Zillow, but she couldn't believe her sister was really moving out

Sure, she had been packing for the last few weeks, and Riley had even helped her skim apartments on Zillow, but she couldn't believe her sister was really moving out. When they had met everyone over the weekend, she felt pretty confident that they were everything they hadn't seemed to be after first. They were humble, selfless, and friendly. Riley still somewhat trusted that, but for some reason, after she had overheard Bucky literally telling everyone what she had confessed to him in that kitchen, her hope for a new trusted friendship quickly diminished.

She thought she had confided in someone she could trust. Granted, she had only known Bucky for a short period of time, but it felt right.

But after that incident and seeing everyone lie straight to her face, she felt slightly betrayed and annoyed. She wasn't planning on making a move on Steve anytime soon, but any hope of that ever happening now was long gone. He knew now that she was damaged goods. How could she trust that everyone else isn't like Bucky?

And now Bucky had her big sister in a trance, too?

Riley watched with a disappointed smug on her face as her big sister zipped up her last duffle bag. It was the last of her luggage to go, everything had already been taken to the truck with the help of Bucky and Steve. She picked up her bag by the strap and threw it over her shoulder.

She didn't even have to lift one finger up until that point since the guys had done everything for her. As Riley watched, an exasperated breath leaves her lips over lifting that one bag, and she tried not to glare.

Completely oblivious to her disappointed look of shame, Ashlyn clapped both her hands together and took one last look around her now empty bedroom.

"Alright. Everything else is already out in the truck, so I guess this is it."

Ashlyn's gaze returned to her and she smiled slightly. Her dark brown hair had been blown to perfection just an hour before and not one speck of her lipstick was out of place, not even a strand of hair.

It wasn't that Riley was angry that Ashlyn literally had put no effort into this move, but she didn't have a good feeling about any of this. Okay, to be honest, she was slightly jealous. Ashlyn was being treated like a queen, but on the other hand, there had been no effort on her part and now she was about to live life like a millionaire?

No, she wasn't jealous.

No.

Riley crossed her arms together and looked down, slightly angry.

"So what happened to the other place you were going to move into?"

It was a little condo apartment just outside of town. It was a one-bedroom with a small kitchen and a small balcony. It's nice she had said as Ashlyn gave her a short tour of the place. It was simple and just enough space for her to finally begin her own life.