Chapter Thirty-One

Well, damn. Looks like we've found it." - Nat

Outside the tower, the sky had turned into a midnight black.

If the windows were open, they would be able to identify that earthy smell of an approaching thunderstorm.

"I haven't seen this thing in years. I can't believe it was this easy to find." Wanda mumbled, roughly pushing Scott aside to grab the computer mouse.

She clicked around the screen, quickly finding the print button.

Nobody waited for another second to get to work.

"So what exactly is your plan now?" Scott asks, looking between Wanda and Nat.

He leaned back on the chair, his arms crossed behind his head. His smirk further proved how proud he was of himself.

Nat shares a look with Wanda before Wanda's eyes return to the computer screen, thinking. There's a pinch between her eyebrows.

"Well, we have an idea. But we won't know for sure until we print it out and look at it." She explains.

Wanda walks around the desk, pushing Scott again, to make her way to the corner of the room and towards the printer.

Scott stands with a huff and stands next to next. Her arms were crossed as she eyed Loki down with an expectation from him.

Scott copied her stance, doing the same.

Loki looked between the two, obviously unamused.

"What?" He snaps.

Nat and Scott look at each other and then back at Loki.

"We're waiting for you to tell us what happened," Scott says.

"What you know." Nat clarifies, darting an eye at Scott.

Specificity.

Scott shrugs, walking away to tend to his daughter.

Loki stared at her for a second longer before looking back over at Wanda.

It was obvious he wouldn't be getting out of here tonight without any explanation.

He didn't like the feeling of being interrogated.

His heart sped up drastically at the thought of sharing what he knew as he watches Wanda printing the will.

He wondered how they would react. He knows he didn't when he found out.

The memories of that day hit him and he gazes down at the floor, biting his lip nervously until it cracks and bleeds.

He curses under his breath, loosening his black tie from around his collar.

"Fine," he finally mumbles, "You want to know what I know? Just prepare yourself."

The sting of his hurt lip mixed in with irritation.

There's a beat of silence and Natasha looks him up and down. She looks away nervously for a second before looking back.

It was clear she feared the unknown, but none of them had any choice at this point. Enough was enough.

"What do you mean?" Nat asks worried, calmer.

Loki stands tall and moves up closer to her.

He doesn't flinch an eye nor meet a beat, "Three's a crowd, Romanoff."

Seven Years Ago

The rain poured outside the tower like a heavy sheet of despair.

It hadn't rained in almost fifteen days; mother nature decided that today would be the day to let it all go.