Unrevealing the mystery

Ariya POV

I make my over to my house and I go in and I see my dad just sitting on the couch looking exhausted as hell. I guess today was not one of his business work days it was his mob life work days. I don't even know what to even call his type of work.

"Hey dad, you came home quite early." I said and sat on the couch.

"Hey kiddo, yh I finished my work off and I had to go to the warehouse and deal with papers and shipments and it's too much," he said exhaustingly.

"Wow, at least now your comfortable talking about your mob boss life with me", I say chuckled and he chuckled.

"Well yeah it's a relief for me because now I can tell you if something comes up with me, but you don't want to see me in boss mode, I'm a different person at work, if they mess up they're done for." He says casually while looking at me. I look at him in surprise, never in my life would I have ever expected my dad to say something like that. "I'm not soft as you think sweetheart, only to you because your my little girl but if you ask shay he won't give you a peep of how I am over there."

I start smiling, "well that's a bit crazy but I can't do anything, I'm just glad nothing will change between us," I say and he nods.

"Of course Ari by the way, did Tanya drop you a while ago?"

I immediately feel an unsettling feeling in my stomach...did he see? Oh no did he see Dylan and me kiss? oh shit "N-no umm it wasn't" I said with a soft and quiet tone "it was a someone else" my dad looks up with a 'then who dropped you off' look.

He nods "well your friend has nice car, a good model too" he said as he got up to go to the kitchen. Omg so he didn't see thank god!!

I sigh. "Yh he does have a nice car."

"He?" My dad says straight away coming out from the kitchen with water in his hand. My eyes go wide, I did not just let that roll out of my tongue oh my god. I get up to go upstairs and looks at me. "Wait as in a boy from your school dropped you off over here?"

"Dad..." I groan while giving him a 'don't go overprotective on me' stare which he's very familiar with. He's always been cautious of everything with me ever since I was a little girl actually more than shay as well but I've always gone against all his protests.

"I know, I know I'm being overprotective sorry," he says, and I make my way upstairs.

I go into my room and decide to take a shower and put a pair of joggers and a T-shirt on and finish up my homework. It's currently nearly 7pm and my dad said he had to go back to the "warehouse" because something occurred and he went back. He came back a little after me and he didn't even change instead he was in his office doing more work. An hour ago I made dinner, I made his favourite pasta which was one of my mum's recipes and when I went to his office to give him his dinner he stopped everything and devoured it. I remember the first time I made it and he started to tear up because he missed the taste and it reminded him of mum.

Since he's gone, I thought of opening the box because no one is home and I wanted to be alone. I am worried to be alone but dads upgraded his security to another level. He hasn't got his security guards yet though which is not an issue because the house is already protected with multiple security measures. My headaches stopped and so I stopped the meds. I go over to my cupboard and I grab the box that had my initials on it 'AAP'. I felt little bit uneasy because I kept thinking about mum. I took long breath and exhaled to calm my blood pressure and heart and I opened it.

The box had a lot of things like a bunch of papers which I assume are all legal documents of some sort, some pictures, and the first one I pick up is a picture of my mum in the hospital holding me the day I was born. I started to feel tears cascading down my cheeks, because I just feel so empty without her. That accident had traumatised me so much that it still replays in my head everyday. I don't remember much but, all the nightmares bring back up that day and it never went well after I woke up. I take out more documents which I will go through later on because it may be about her mafia. I saw another picture and it was a picture of her in a office dressed up like a boss women and beside her is my dad all suited up and there are two other people, one is a women with my mum which I don't recognise and the other one is a man beside my dad which I somehow recognise but I don't really remember. After that I start to take more stuff out like more pictures, documents and then I see a red envelope that had written 'Alessia' at the back of it. I pick up and open it. It was a letter that my mother wrote for me.