Bird Bonding (Jing Yuan/Daiyu)

General Jing Yuan, and Daiyu were out in the gardens, talking about things like Yanqing's training, and tracking the stellaron hunters. However, during their conversation, Daiyu started to realize Jing Yuan's hair was ruffling in a strange way.

Her eyes widen to see something actually moving inside his hair. Her ears twitched at a little chirping, and out came this tiny bird. It made her eyes widen in surprised, and in a way, it was also very cute. She found herself giggling, quickly turning her face away to hide it. "Um....general? I think there is something in your hair" she pointed to what was rustling. Jing Yuan's eyes followed to where her finger pointed at, and he just smiled casually.

"Ah yes. Heh heh. I'm aware, Daiyu, that my hair is currently a nest for my little friend" he explained to her. The little bird walked around his shoulder, looking at the white hair general before hopping back inside its 'nest'. He chuckled softly at it, having a warm smile on his face. The panther girl had to admit that it was cute. She always found it adorable with how the general was with small birds. They seemed to like him a lot.

"You are a walking bird magnet Jing Yuan. Perhaps we should call you the Bird Battle Strategist" she commented, making him chuckle at her statement. "I think you're right Daiyu. They always seem to be attracted to me" he noted as she reached to gently peg the bird. But the small creature shrunk back, its feathers ruffled in nervousness. It hid back in Jing Yuan's hair for safety.

Daiyu's ears flatten in sadness, her hand slowly lowering down. The white hair cloud knight found that look hurting him. "It's alright. She's a friend. Daiyu might be a cat, but she won't eat you" he assured the little creature, running his finger across its feather head to comfort it. The panther chuckled amusingly at that part.

"Let's try a new strategy"

That got her ears up. Whenever he used words like that, that means he was up to something. Especially when there was no battle. He held his hand out, allowing the bird to perch onto his fingers. Daiyu watched him curiously. "Hold your hand out, Daiyu" he instructed her calmly but the panther quickly had an idea what he his plan was.

"No way. I'm not gonna hold it" she rejected quickly, shaking her head no. It was so little, and maybe even fragile. She was scared to hurt it with one wrong move. Like, what if she got excited, and scratched it with her claws? He noticed her nervousness by the slight flattening of her ears.

"What? Are you actually going to eat this bird?" He teased her. "No! I would never" she denied, and that was all the answer he needed. "Then there is no need worry. Just hold your hand, and position your fingers to act as a perch for the bird" he explained to her, gently taking her dark skin hand into his snowy white one.

Daiyu tensed up at his touch, finding it surprisingly warm. She allowed him to adjust her hand, and fingers in a position that allowed the bird to perch on. Once he was satisfied, Jing Yuan brought the bird to her hand. He waited patiently for it to make the move first. The small bird looked at the hand of the stranger for a moment.

After a while of staring and waiting, the bird hopped onto her slim finger. Daiyu stood still, not wanting to spook it off while Jing Yuan watched amusingly yet curiously. It just stood there, brushing its feathers with its beak.

Cautiously, she brought it closer to her face, testing the waters. It then turned its face to her. They stared at one another for awhile. The general could only watch, not wanting to disturb this moment. He feared his intervention could ruin this peace right now between. He wanted to see how this would play out.

Peck

Out of the blue, the small bird pecked on Daiyu's lips softly. It made her blink in surprise, and she blushed. She was not expecting like that. It was like a light kiss. Jing Yuan was also mildly surprised but he smiled at it, and chuckled. He found the result of his little strategy cute.

"I think it likes you. See, Daiyu is not bad now, is she?" He said to the little bird, stroking its back which made it purr. The panther relaxed, and she smiled, glad that it wasn't afraid of her anymore. Jing Yuan noticed her look, and he realized just how beautiful she looked with a smile like that. "Aw, why are you so cute?" She cooed at the little bird, petting its head. It made him smile warmly, and with a mishevious idea, he leaned over and pressed kiss to her cheek. It made her blush, blinking to progress what just happen.

He held his hand out so the bird hopped back onto his hand as he brought to his shoulder so it can go nestle back in his hair. He softly laughed, finding her reaction cute. "Now, shall we continue our discussion?" He asked her, waiting patiently for her to recover from that surprise.

She shook her head to regain her mind. "Um....yes. yes. Where we?" She asked him, glancing away shyly to hide a small smile forming as her hand touched her cheek. He chuckled softly at her, loving those cute little reactions of hers. It made him think that he should introduce her to more birds next time.