❄️Strategy in snowball fights (Jing Yuan/Daiyu)

Smack!

Jing Yuan snapped his eyes and opened when he felt the back of his head hit by something soft. Bringing his hand to his head, he felt something cold on his fingers, and when he brought it back, he found white snow covering it.

Smack!

Another snowball hit his head, and he turned around, spotting his snowy attackers. "Surprised, general? Looks like I've mastered the art of stealth." Yanqing exclaimed proudly, tossing a snowball up and down in his hand.

"Is that so? Well, perhaps I should teach how to strategies in snowball fights. Shall we?" Jing Yuan offered with a smirk, forming a fresh snowball. As a child and when part of quintet, he loved messing around with his friends with snowballs during winter. He couldn't remember the last time he had a good snowball fight. Might as well see if a new opponent in a snowball fight might make him change his strategy.

"Oh, you're on general! But I won't go easy on you!" The young cloud knight said confident, bringing another snowball in his free hand so he could be ready. The general chuckled amusingly at the boy's eagerness. However, he heard something creaking from above him, and some snow fell on his shoulder from above. He heard Yanqing gasp, and his eyes widened when Jing Yuan looked at him.

"Yanqing." he asked him in a suspicious tone. "Are you challenging me to a snowball fight by yourself?" He wanted to glance up above him to see who it was, but that would ruin the fun. Not to mention, he would be distracted, which gives Yanqing an advantage to make the first move.

"Nope!" Yanqing said with a nervous smile and hurled the snowball at his mentor without warning. His secret strategy had been found out. Now was the chance to put it in motion. "Now, Daiyu!" He yelled, and if getting hit by a snowball three times wasn't enough to wound his pride, Jing Yuan felt a whole pile of snow fell on top of his head and shoulders. It was so heavy that it brought him down to his knees. He heard the snow crunch and saw someone land in front of him.

Once he lifted his face up, he saw Daiyu standing before him with a proud and satisfied smile. "White is a good look on you, general," she teased him as he shook his head smiling, making the snow fall off his hair.

"I should've known this was your idea." he said with a menacing smile, gathering some snow and getting his attacks ready so he could retaliate at her. "Yanqing! Attack until he surrenders!" Daiyu yelled and laughed when her boyfriend threw the snowball at her, hitting her arm. The general felt another snowball hit the side of his face, making him yelp from the cold inside his ear.

Jing Yuan tried to singlehandedly fight Daiyu and Yanqing in a snowball fight, landing a few hits on them. While he was getting the most hits, he couldn't stop laughing, breaking his cool exterior that he normally displays. It brought back fond memories for him from doing snowball fights with old friends from the quintet, especially Baiheng, who was the most playful and easygoing among them.

"Ah!" Yanqing yelped when the snowball hit him in the back of his bare neck. The boy jumped, trying to get the snow out as it trailed down his back. Jing Yuan and Daiyu laughed hysterically at him. The general glanced at his girlfriend, seeing her dying from laughter. This was his chance for payback on her sneak attack. Without warning, he knocked his fist against a tree, making the snow fall on both of them.

"Jing Yuan!!!" She yelled with a playful glare and tackled him to the snowy ground. They were both dying of laughter as he watched the panthera sit up. The snow stuck to her black, curly hair and her tail, making her look like a snow leopard.

"Ha ha ha! Daiyu! Daiyu, my jade lotus! You have snow in your hair! Come here!" He told her, unable to stop the contagious laughter as he gently brought her close to him like a parent trying to clean up their child. The panthera laughed nonstop as she allowed her lover to wrap his arms around her waist. He ran his hair across and down her hair to dust the snow off as they calmed down from their laughter.

"You know..." he said, gently running his fingers through her hair, bringing her face closer to him. She giggled again, feeling her lips pressed against him. The kiss kept breaking because they couldn't control the giggles slipping out of them, so they settled with just holding each other. "I think the snow suits you better, lotus." he whispered softly, blowing off some snow on her nose as she giggled.

"Hey, general...achoo!"

The two looked up to find Yanqing coming them, rubbing his arms. Jing Yuan noticed that his nose was red and sniffling a lot. "Can we go inside now?  I think I've had enough snowball fights. Achoo!" The boy sneezed, feeling all that bravado and energy go away. "Heh heh. Come on. Let's all get inside and make something warm." Jing Yuan suggested as he helped Daiyu up. The general placed his winter coat on his pupil, rubbing his light brown hair softly. He smiled softly at Daiyu, who returned the smile before the three headed back inside for some hot coco.