Yanqing is a momma's boy (Jing Yuan/Daiyu/Yanqing)(Mothers Day🩷)

Happy mothers Day! Shout out to all the moms!💓🩷❤️💗

"Daiyu?"

"Hm?" The panthera's ears went straight up at the general's smooth voice, waking her up from her thoughts as she looked at him. "It's your turn, my dear." He reminded her, motioning to their chess game.

Daiyu smiled sheepishly, and ears flattened down in embarrassment. "Sorry." She apologized, scanning the board to make her next move. In the meantime, Jing Yuan took the chance to study her features.

Her brows were furrowed, and those beautiful green eyes that he loved to stare into seemed troubled and confused. While she was looking down at the pieces, her focus was elsewhere. "So, have you decided yet?" He asked her, making her glance up at him briefly, realizing she zoned out again.

Daiyu looked back down at the board and finally made a move. So did, Jing Yuan. Just as her fingers were leaving the wooden piece, he gently grasped her hand, getting her full attention as she looked at him quizzically.

"Is something on your mind?"

He inquired with a soft, concerning look that melted her heart. Daiyu glanced her eyes away, pressing her lips in a thin line as she debated whether to tell him or not.

"You can talk to me."

He leaned down, pressing a warm kiss to the back of her hand for firther assurance. Her green eyes glanced back at him, smiling shyly. How could she say no to that sweet look of his. Letting out a deep breath, she began to explain.

"It's Yanqing. Something strange happened between us this morning." She brought up to him, feeling her uneasiness fade away at feeling his thumb rub the back of her hand softly. The general frowned, wondering where this was going.

"He hasn't been causing trouble for you, has he?" Jing Yuan inquired, a look on his face saying that if Yanqing did, he was gonna have a word with him. "No. Not like that. He just did a move I didn't expect. And, now I'm trying to understand what it means. Argh!" She put out, pulling at her hair with worry in her eyes.

"Well, what was this unexpected move he pulled on you?" The general questioned, trying to recall anything his prodigy may have done. Her eyes glanced back at him, wondering if he knew what today was.

"When I was on to you, I ran into him and apparently bought a new sword. I thought it was for himself again. But then he got flustered and shoved the sword into my hands, saying it was a gift for me." She told him her story.

"Ah. So that explains your new sword." Jing Yuan noted, motioning to the icy blue weapon lying next to her. Judging by the material and its design, it looked expensive. He was gonna have to ask Yanqing how much that cost when he sees the boy.

"And if his behavior wasn't strange enough, just as he was leaving, he said bye mom! I was just dumbfounded and didn't know what to do. Even if I did, he was long gone by then. Sigh."

The panthera sighed, slumping her head and arms down on the board, toppling some pieces. 'There goes our game.' The white hair general thought in his head, amused by her right now. Fortunately, he had an idea of what was going on.

Getting up, he sat behind her, wrapping his arms around to pull her against his back. Gently, he tilted her face up to look at him. "Daiyu. Do you know what today is?" He asked her, watching her furrow her brows, glancing away to think for a moment. "It's Mother's Day, isn't it?" She glanced back at him at his golden eyes.

Her brows furrowed, though, feeling even more confused. "But I'm not Yanqing's mother." She brought up, leaning off of him so she could face him.

"No, but you are the closest thing that Yanqing has to a mother. Strict yet nurturing. Kind and playful. Always there when Yanqing gets into trouble. Before you came, he never knew his mother. While you may not be related, you gave him that feeling and experience of what it's like to have a mother. I guess he wanted to show you that he appreciated that." The general explained, now understanding why his prodigy was so insisted in buying another sword.

"Daiyu!"

The two turned their heads and found the sandy hair cloud knight running torwards them. He leaned onto his knees to catch his breath, earning an amused chuckle from his older caregivers.

"Daiyu...I forgot... I forgot to...." he panted, sweated dripping down his chin as he tried to bring a word out. Wherever he was before had to been a far. "First, catch your breath, Yanqing." His mentor advised him, going ahead to pick up the pieces and clean up their game.

The younger knight caught his breath, looking at Daiyu, and straightened his back. He felt his throat get dry, struggling to find the words. "I forgot to tell you happy Mother's Day, Daiyu. So, um, Happy Mother's Day!" He shouted with his face reddening.

Daiyu felt her face warm up a little. Jing Yuan glanced at his girlfriend and prodigy, curious to see what was going to happen next. Her face softened at him, getting up on her feet and approaching the boy. Taking her face in her hands, she pulled him closer and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek.

Yanqing felt his face get hot as an oven, blinking a few times to progress what just happened. The panthera chuckled at him, finding it cute when he was flustered. "Thank you, Yanqing. I look forward to using the new sword you gave me." She exclaimed gratefully, patting his head with a warm smile.

"Um...y-yeah. You're welcome. I have to go." Yanqing stuttered, making his leave with a red face. It reddened more at hearing his mentor chuckle in amusement to see his student so flustered. "You know, Daiyu. You would make an amazing mother." The white hair knight commented as she turned around to look at him.

"You think so? Hmm. I wouldn't mind being a mom. I just need to first find the right one to be the father." She brought up as the two watched Yanqing leave with amusement yet fondness for the boy. 🩷

Honkai Star Rail moments 💕On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara