A Moment of Rest(Jing Yuan/Daiyu)

At Yanqing's and Jing Yuan's house...

Daiyu, Stelle, Yanqing, and March had returned after getting a small meal at a Café, chatting, and laughing. As they came in, the gang noticed something from the corner of the room that made them all go quiet.

On the couch was the general soundly asleep on the couch, curled into a ball. Everyone looked at each other before looking back at the general. "Wow. Being general must be a pretty big job" March commented quietly. "Yeah. There are a lot of days where Jing Yuan wishes he wasn't the general of the Xianzhou" Yanqing added, feeling sorry for his teacher.

"We should let him rest" Stelle suggested, which everyone was more than willing to agree on. As they decided to go somewhere else to let the general sleep peacefully, Daiyu, however, walked up to the sleeping cloud knight.

Her green eyes soften at him with a small smile as she analyzed his features. His face was so relaxed, and had a content smile on it. His breathing was easy, and slow. The sunlight from the window was shining on him, making his skin shine.

He seemed so peaceful to her. It made her wonder when it was the last time he had a moment of rest since he became general. It's no wonder he tried to sleep in in the morning, and looked forward to sleeping as soon as night fell. Normally, she would scold him for taking a nap in the middle of the day to escape his tasks. But she would let this one slide since he needed it.

Turning away from him, she walked over to grab a blanket, and went to gently lay it on him to keep him warm. However, the sound of the blanket shuffling and her footsteps caused Jing Yuan to stir in his sleep. His eyes started blinking a bit until he felt a soft touch brush across his face, and hair.

He glanced up fully awake, and the source of that touch retracted from him. Daiyu meant to just caress him. She didn't expect for him to wake up. Her hand retracted back. She blinked in surprise to find him up. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up" she apologized with her ears going down. She felt bad that she woke him up. He needed rest with everything that happened.

However, Jing Yuan merely smiled at her, shaking his head to assure her that he wasn't upset. He was actually happy to see her. Sitting upright on the couch, he gently took her hand in his, and pulled her down to sit next to him.

The panther looked at him, confused yet curious about what her boyfriend was up to. The white hair general stared at her for a while with a living look on his face. "Jing Yuan?" She asked him, but he didn't answer, finding himself lost on how beautiful she looked with the sun shining on her.

Glancing his eyes down at her slim brown fingers, adorned with the aqua green color on her claws, he lifted up in his hand, and pressed a soft kiss on it. Daiyu's eyes widen a little in surprise, but became larger when his hand moved to cup her face. His thumb brushed across her cheek as he stated at her with a warm, loving smile.

"Cute" he murmured before he playfully grinned at her, pulling her cheek a little. The panthera give him an unamused look, and moved his hand away. The white hair knight merely chuckled at her reaction, making Daiyu smile a bit. She didn't take it personally. She knew he loved to tease her sometimes.

"So, I take it you had a good nap?" She asked him casually, feeling her face get warm. Jing Yuan's response was just to place his hand on the back of her head, and pull her into a kiss. She freezes at first, not expecting that at all.

Daiyu relaxed, and shut her eyes, returning the kiss back as her hands rested against his shoulders. The white hair knight deepened the kiss as his fingers felt through her soft black curls. To him, she was all the peace he needed. Her presence. Her voice. Her eyes. With all that had happened in the Xianzhou, she was all he needed to relax, even for a short moment.

They both broke the kiss, slowly parting, already missing that feeling of their lips touching. As their eyes open, Jing Yuan's golden eyes met Daiyu's green and more feline ones. A warm smiled graced his features. She felt her face get warm at being this close, and him having that look on his face but she smiled softly back at him, wanting more of this.

"Hey!"

Both them turned their heads, startled and found their friends back. Yanqing was the one who spoke. The general and panthera's face flushed as red as tomatoes as their friends had different expressions. "Seriously!? Argh! Gross!" Yanqing remarked disgusted, sticking his tongue out as March just awed at the two, finding it cute. Stelle just covered her face, a little embarrassed to have intruded in a private moment.

"Aww! I think it's cute!" March cooked at them as Stelle looked at her dumbfounded. Daiyu covered her face, groaning in embarrassment at that. Jing Yuan merely chuckled sheepishly yet also amusingly at how things turned out. His only response was a "sorry" without any shame in it. "Bleh!" Yanqing made a face before leaving, unable to unseen what he just saw.

"Come on, March! Sorry" Stelle said apologetically with a nervous smile, pushing her friend out of the room. The general just chuckled, finding that it hilarious until he noticed Daiyu, still covering her face with her face red. He titled her head at her, trying to get a peek at her face.

"Daiyu?"

"Shut up..."

"Heh heh"