Cool Your Temper(Yanqing/Jing Yuan)

This one takes place after the fight with Dan Heng and Blade

"General, I don't understand!"

Yanqing and Jing Yuan were talking in private away from the Astral crew, Fu Xuan, and even the cloud knights. The general wanted this conversation to be between him and his student only. Well, Yanqing had a lot to say to his master about what was happening.

"Blade was right there! He was right there! And not only that! The exiled criminal, Dan Feng, came back to the Xianzhou! And you just pardon them?! Fu Xuan was right! You are letting Blade escape on purpose! What I don't get is why!" The boy said angrily to his master, glaring at him. He felt betrayed that the general allowed their targets to escape so easily and not even report it. Jing Yuan just held a firm look at him.

"Perhaps if you let me finish talking to you instead of walking away, you would've understand that there was a much bigger threat to deal with" he reminded him about earlier, crossing his arms. While he was relieved to find his student alive and ok, he was mad at him for walking away without even informing him where he was going nor even letting Jing Yuan finish talking.

"Blade was right there! A wanted criminal that infiltrated the Xianzhou and is dangerous, accompanied by another Stellaron hunter! Not only that! Imbibitor Lunae is here too! He was exiled from here for his crimes! You know that!" Yanqing explained firmly and angrily, refusing to step down and letting the general walk away without an explanation. Neither was Jing Yuan.

"Had you been patient, you would understand that there is a much greater danger in the Xianzhou that I have to let those stellaron hunters go for now. As for Dan Heng, what happened in the past is long gone. I need his help for this matter" he explained and instructed him, trying to keep his cool. Right now, Jing Yuan's main concern wasn't the stellaron hunters. They helped him find Dan Heng. That was all he needed. But Yanqing's temper got the better of him as he snapped in fury.

"I had him! I had the stellaron hunter! I-"

"You were defeated by Blade, Yanqing! Don't think I wasn't watching the fight between you, him and Dan Heng!" Jing Yuan yelled at him, getting fustrated with the boy's temper. The lieutenant stared at him, shocked to learn that he had been watching the battle. He groaned in fustration, feeling embarrassed that his master witnessed his defeat.

"Your temper, and impatience is what led you to your defeat. You were lucky enough to come out of that battle alive! In a battle, there is no luck! You could've been killed, Yanqing!" Jing Yuan scolded him harshly, the last bit of patience gone in him.

Yanqing was silent, staring at the white hair general. It was rare for his master to raise his voice and let out such rage. Jing Yuan took a deep breath to calm himself. "Head back to the Xianzhou and let Bailu heal you. And await for my return" he instructed the boy, walking past him.

However, Jing Yuan paused and turned around to look at his pupil who kept his head low, feeling nothing but shame that he had let down his master and failed in a fight in front of him.

He wanted to continue but a part of him told him he went too hard on the boy. Sighing, the general turned around and walked back to him. "Yanqing" he said, this time softly as his hand rested on the boy's shoulder. The young cloud knight glanced up at him, finding a calm expression on his face.

"You need to cool your temper" he told him, kneeling down to his height and keeping a steady eye level. "I know you wish to prove yourself that you are capable of being a cloud knight. I know you are capable" he spoke to him, waiting for any denial or outbursts to come from the boy. But either his sudden anger drained his energy or he was choosing to listen this time because he wasn't speaking.

"But you need to have patience. If you just go charging into battle recklessly, you're going to get yourself killed. You need to pick the right fight and the right opponent at the right time" he calmly advised him. Jing Yuan knew he wanted his moment. His student just needs to wait a bit.

They sat in silence for awhile until Yanqing glanced his yellow eyes at him. "What's going to happen to you now?" He asked him, wondering what's gonna happen now with the general. He mentioned there was a bigger threat. If it was much worse than the stellaron hunters, then their home was endangered.

Jing Yuan saw his concern, knowing exactly what he was thinking. "I know you want to join me in this fight. But you're hurt. And this battle is a major one. I'm not even sure if I will come back alive" he told him, the part seriously which made the boy look at him worried. While he was questioning his master's choices, he didn't want him to get hurt. He couldn't imagine him not returning to him.

Jing Yuan saw his worry as he sat up. He gave him an assuring smile, gently patting his shoulder. "Don't worry. Hopefully I will come back in one piece. And if I don't, then you can expect Fu Xuan to be the new general" he said, the last part making Yanqing groan at that happening.

The general chuckled at him, ready to turn around and leave. "Jing Yuan" he turned back to the boy who still kept his head down low. "I'm sorry about my temper. I'll listen to you when you're talking and let you finish" he apologized shyly as the general smiled at him.

"You know, I had the utmost faith in you the whole time. And yet, I was also worried for you"

Yanqing looked back at his master, surprised to hear that. He never thought to hear that from him. It was rare to see the general even get worried about him. "I'll see you as soon as I'm finish with this fight" Jing Yuan told him before he left as Yanqing watched him leave. "Next time I won't let you down, general" he promised, determined to not let him down as he headed back to get himself healed up. He just hoped his general would return well so Yanqing can make it up to him.