Daiyu's Cunning (Jing Yuan/Daiyu)

"He's hiding again?"

Daiyu was reading a book in the garden on top of a tree when Yanqing and Fu Xuan came to her, asking if she had seen their sleepy headed general, Jing Yuan anywhere. "We thought that since you're now Jing Yuan's partner, you might know where he hiding"  Fu Xuan explained, implying about their recent romantic relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Just because I'm dating that man doesn't mean I'll always know where's he sleeping. Couldn't your intellect determine where he is Fu Xuan?" She asked, glancing at the twin bunny ear loop haired girl with a glare. Yanqing looked at them nervously since they both didn't get along. Daiyu never liked how Fu Xuan nagged the general to retire earlier and it ticked the panthera off with Fu Xuan's temper. Diviner Fu glared at her, putting her hands on her hips, ready to say something but Yanqing interjected quickly.

"Come on you two! We really need to find the general! Daiyu, please! You have to know something that might lead us to him!" Yanqing pleaded, looking to her with a desperate look in his eyes. Daiyu's green eyes soften at the boy. She hated seeing such a sad look on the child that was like a brother to her. Closing the book in her hands, she pondered on how to find the general. Her finger tapped on her as she thought.

Her ears went up and eyes widen when a thought came to her. "There is someone that will find him for us" Daiyu said with a sly smile. She leaped off the tree, walking past the two as her fingers came to her lips.

"Whistle!"

Yanqing, and Fu Xuan turned around to look at the panthera, puzzled on why she was whistling. Until they heard large footsteps running to them. "Wait a minute. I know those footsteps anywhere! Mimi!" Yanqing exclaimed and right on the cue, the large white lion appeared, trotting to Daiyu.

"Hello, Mimi! How's my big, strong fluffy lion doing?" She cooed at him lovingly as he nuzzled her side affectionately. She knelt down to to scratch his ears which made him lean into her hands more, growling lovingly.

Fu Xuan huffed fustrated, crossing her arms annoyed. "Ridiculous. We're here looking for Jing Yuan and you're here wasting time with his pet who is equally lazy as him" she noted, her irritation growing. Daiyu just glanced a smirk at her.

That was her secret weapon. Jing Yuan taught her how to handle Mimi and being with her boyfriend, she had learn some tricks with getting the lion on her side.

"Oh, Fu Xuan. You have to learn how to use someone's weaknesses and make it your strength" she advised them as continued giving Mimi affection. Yanqing joined in, rubbing the lion's head.

"Mimi. My marvelous Mimi" she sweet talked to him, cupping his face as the lion smiled, growling in fondness at her words. "Could you be a lovely lion and get me Jing Yuan? If you do, I will give you bountiful of delicious lamb chops. Your favorite" She asked him politely, adding a sweet reward to that request.

Mimi didn't hesitate run and go find his master at the promise of a good meal. Daiyu stood up, patting her hands with satisfaction at her plan working. Fu Xuan and Yanqing looked at eachother. They've rarely seen Mimi do anything except eat and sleep. Like his owner.

"Hey, Daiyu. Do you think Mimi will find him?" Yanqing asked her, glancing up at her. The panther smiled at him, rubbing his brownish blonde hair. "Watch and learn, Yanqing" she told him, briefly glancing at Fu Xuan, looking forward to her reaction. Daiyu's ears then perked at a a familiar voice that made her more satisfied.

"Ah! Mimi! Put me down at once!"

Daiyu looked behind her with Fu Xuan and Yanqing looking at her direction. Mimi came back with Jing Yuan, carrying him by his belt as he walked over. It was quite the sight and it got everyone laughing. He looked silly and even more when he glanced up at them annoyed.

"Alright, alright. Who's idea was this?" He asked, looking at each of them. They could never recall when they've seen him so ticked off before, and it was very fun to watch. "Well, I guess I underestimated you, Daiyu. You really do know the general's weaknesses" Fu Xuan commented in amusement at the look on his phone. Without hesitation, she snapped a photo of him with her phone, wanting to capture this moment.

"General heh heh are you alright?" Yanqing asked, struggling to hold his laughter back at this. "Don't tell anyone about this. Not even, Tingyun" he told them all firmly, knowing the young foxian is always on the hunt for good pictures to sell for business.

Daiyu crouched down, smirking at him as her hand scratched Mimi's ear. "Good boy, Mimi" she told him warmly, earning a loving growl from him. Jing Yuan looked at her and then his lion and then back at her, starting to understand what just happen. One moment he was napping. Next thing he knew, he got pounced and taken off by his lion.

"I feel so betrayed right now" he said, dissapointed that his own lion turned on him and what's worse, his girlfriend used his pet against him. She was the only one who knew where he was.

She chuckled at him, finding this very amusing to see the relaxed and calm general annoyed and carried like a cat toy. "Ok, Mimi. You can put him down. Gently" she said, being clear with the last word. The white lion obeyed and set him down softly.

"If I were you, I would drop him hard to teach him a lesson" Fu Xuan added as she watched the general stand up, dusting off his outfit with a huff of fustration. Daiyu pondered that, turning her back to him. "I could but I think it's enough that he was woken up and dragged by Mimi" she pointed, examining her claws as she retracted them. "Next time though" she promised, turning her face to him to find an irritated glare which sastified her.

"I think I need to have a word with you, and Mimi" he said, pointing at her especially. "Be grateful that it was Daiyu, and not me general" Fu Xuan said, putting her hands on her hips with annoyance at him. "Come on. Let's go. Our friends our waiting" Yanqing reminded them as they turned around and started walking back.

However, Daiyu felt a gentle tug on her tail and found herself pulled to meet her upset partner. "If you wanted to look for me, all you had to do was come to me yourself. Not use Mimi against me" he scolded her gently.

"Do you remember what happen last time I came to get you? I'm pretty sure that I make it harder for you to be found" she reminded him flatly, her hand on her hip. Jing Yuan sighed in defeat, knowing she did had a point their. Last time, thanks to him, they delayed longer in finding him and nearly got caught by Yanqing.

"Come on. If we get this over, I'll make it up to you by sneaking off to that secret spot of ours" she offered him, taking his hand in his. Instantly, Jing Yuan's annoyance at her faded into interest, knowing exactly what she was referring to her.

He then felt something rub against his side and glance down to find Mimi. The large lion licked his hand, asking for forgiveness. That melted the last bit of annoyance in him and he responded by scratching Mimi's chin.

"Alright. I forgive you both. Now, let's get to the matters at hand" he said as they walked off. "By the way, I want to get Mimi some lamb chops for him. Can we do that?" She asked him, making Jung Yuan looked at her surprised. It seemed he underestimated how cunning Daiyu can be. Not that he minded.