Daiyu's Delay (Jing Yuan/Daiyu)

"Jing Yuan....wake up, sleepy head"

The so-called Dozing General felt something furry tickle his face and a familiar voice waking him up. He opened his yellow eyes to find Daiyu standing over him, her arms crossed as she stared down at him.

He was taking a nap beneath a tree in the garden. Daiyu came to wake him up so that he wouldn't try slipping from his duties. Jing Yuan stared at her awhile, mesmerized by how the sunlight shined on her. He smiled at her as he continued to admire her beauty.

"Ah, you're here. If you have any interesting stories from your travels, do share them with me" he greeted her, knowing she was out doing some things earlier. Daiyu rolled her eyes at him. He was trying to find something to delay her from dragging him back to his tasks.

"I can share them with you. After you go see the paperwork as well, as meeting with Yukong. She, and Fu Xuan are waiting for you to discuss some things" the panthera informed him as he yawned, and stretched his arms that were behind his head. Daiyu smiled, amused at him. She liked to call him lazy lion because if how much he reminded her of one. Especially, because both sleep a lot.

"Sigh. Must I go see them? I was enjoying myself" he told her as her tail went to his face, swatting at him gently. The same thing that woke him up. "Jing Yuan" she said him sternly, ears flat in annoyance at his attempts to skip work. She couldn't blame him. She would do the same. But his position held importance and just until he retires, he should at least commit to it.

"Heh heh. Alright, Daiyu" he surrendered to her calmly, holding his hand out for her to pull him up. Her hand grabbed his but Jing Yuan flashed a sneaky smirk, and suddenly Daiyu found herself pulled down close to the general and an arm around her waist.

"What the-! Jing Yuan!!!" The panthera yelled, flustered, her hands on his chest as her cheeks got pink like the lipstick she wore. The white hair general just chuckled amusingly at her reaction. His other hand resting behind his head.

"Jing Yuan! This is not the time to be doing right now!" She insisted to him firmly, pushing against in irritation. Her green eyes noticed the way his lightning yellow ones looked at her. "What?" She asked him, ears flattened lower as she got even more annoyed. All the general did was just smile at her, moving his other arm to rest on her back.

"Your eyes look beautiful in the sunlight, my dear Daiyu"

If her cheeks weren't any pinker than before, now they were. Her green eyes widen, and her ears went up at that comment. Jing Yuan was telling the truth. The sunlight made her eyes sparkle more than usual. "Jing Yuan..." she tried to find something to say keeping her eyes down. But the cloud knight tilted her chin back up before cupping her cheek.

"I can see these matters after five minutes with you. Just for five minutes" he gently insisted to her, twirling one of her black curls around his finger. Just seeing the panther eased Jing Yuan and he wanted to spend a few good minutes with her.

Daiyu felt herself get tempted. She did wanted to spend some time with him. Jing Yuan eyes moved to her spotted panther ears and moved his hand to scratch it. One of her favorite spots. She started growling affectionately, eyes half lidded.

Her boyfriend chuckled at her cute demeanor, moving his other arm to bring her head closer to his face gently. He didn't go further because he wanted Daiyu to make that choice. Luckily for him, she was already melting in his touch, and closed the distance between them.

Daiyu moved her hands up to his shoulders while Jing Yuan moved one of his hands down her back to her tail, gently stroking it, which made her growl affectionately. Another one of her weak spots. He chuckled in the kiss, finding his beloved so adorable when her feline behaviors show.

They broke the kiss to catch their breath, staring in eachother's eyes. "Jing Yuan. Your eyes are glowing. Lazy lion" she told him, smirking amuse at seeing his face heat up at that unforseen compliment. The sunlight made his eyes glow like lightning. "If you wanted attention from me, all you had to was ask" she told him teasingly, running her across his cheek.

Jing Yuan's stunned expression softened into a warm smile, chuckling at her. "Perhaps. But I found it more enjoyable when you're surprised. It's certainly a cute look on you" he told her, making Daiyu giggle at him, shaking her head before they leaned closer for another kiss.

"DAIYU!!!!JING YUAN!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?????"

The two froze when they heard Yanqing's voice calling out to them right before they can close the distance between. Daiyu's eyes widen, realizing she had delayed in her task to get the general from him being so distracting. Glancing down, she narrowed her eyes down angrily with ears flat and growl coming from her. Jing Yuan smiled sheepishly, knowing he was in for it.

"Ah!"

"Hm?"

Yanqing heard something and turned around to find Daiyu pulling the general harshly by his arm as she stomped over to the young lieutenant. "I found him" she told him angrily, shoving him to his student as Jing Yuan rubbed his arm from her strong grip as well her punch to his shoulder earlier. Yanqing stared at them for awhile, sensing the general did something to infuriate the panthera but he decided not to question it to avoid it.

"Come in. Yukong and Diviner Fu are waiting" he told his teacher, taking his hand in his and leaving. Daiyu followed behind as the general turned to her with a sadden look. While she glared at him for awhile, her face did soften at that puppy pout at his and shook her head with a smile at him, holding her fingers out to do a finger heart. Jing Yuan brightened at that and returned the finger heart back to her. Next time, Daiyu will have to find another to bring the general out without her being the cause of the delay.