Chapter 4

Sometime passed. Avu and Akshit were still waiting for the doctor to come out. Akshit was convincing her to drink some water and continuously trying to console her with his words but nothing was affecting her. She was sitting quietly. Now tears were also not rolling down. She was just sitting quietly may be trying to accept the fact that once again her mother left her. Once again the cruel fate played its role. And also praying to God to at least be merciful and leave her brother. Also thinking how would she tell him about his beloved wife's death and how would he bare this. Why was God always cruel to them?

Akshit: Avni don't worry jaan. Bhayia ko kuch nhi hoga. Tum please khud ko sambhalo. At least paani to peelo yrr

He was sitting on his knees in front of her holding her hands and trying to get her out of this trauma. He forwarded his bottle towards her. Just then the doctor came. Avu left his hands and ran towards the doctor. Akshit quickly followed her.

Avu: Doctor...doctor. How is my brother? You saved him right? Bhayia theek hai na mere? You treated him right? He is out of danger na? Aap kuch bol kyu nhi rahe ho?

She was getting more and more restless. Akshit tried to calm her down by holding her shoulders. The doctor's silence made her eyes wet.

Akshit: Avni calm down baby. Doctor, please tell us how is he.

Avu was eagerly waiting for a response or more precisely a positive response. And finally, the doctor opened his mouth.

Dr: Patient is conscious

A smile came on Avu's face and Akshit also felt relieved listening to him.

Avu: You just scared me. I knew my bhayia cannot leave me and Hazel. He loves us so much after all. Akshit see bhayia is fine. The doctor treated him. He is alright Akshit

Akshit smiled seeing her happy and nodded. She almost cried out in happiness as she got a new life. Akshit side-hugged her and rubbed her back to calm her down. Doctor sighed.

Dr: He is conscious but...

Avu: But what?

Doctor wetted his lips with his tongue before uttering his next words.

Dr: His condition was extremely critical and we did our best Avneet. But...but it was very difficult to save him

He took a deep breath before speaking further.

Avu: Ya I know but you saved him right? He is conscious you told. If you want your fee, I will pay. No matter how much it is. You saved my brother after all

Dr: It's not about money. Avneet Abhishek is conscious. Yes, he is. But he is not out of danger. Honestly, he doesn't have much time left. He is waiting for you. You can talk to him one last time. I am extremely sorry but we couldn't save him

His words literally broke Avu. Her smile dropped. Akshit immediately held her.

Hazel: Siddharth uncle. Why are we here? You said we going to get chocolates?

Avu turned around as soon as she heard her voice. Sid also reached out while the doctor was telling Avu Abhi didn't have much time. Avu's eyes filled with tears seeing her. She knew the pain of losing her parents as she had gone through the same at one point in time. But here the girl in front of her was even small to understand anything.

Avu: You are joking right?

She asked the doctor in the hope he would say yes.

Avu: At least look at that small child. She has already lost her mother this morning. Please say it's a lie

She said joining her hands and crying badly. Akshit pulled her in his arms.

Hazel: Bua bua aap kyu ro rahe ho?

She left Sid's hand and ran towards her and Sid let her. She went and hugged Avu's legs. She got tears in her eyes as well seeing Avu crying. Avu hugged her and picked her up  Akshit slowly took Avu towards the bench to sit down. Sid also walked towards them. They let Avu cry. None of them stopped her. She cried hugging Hazel who also had tears in her eyes but she was too scared to ask anything. Once Avu stopped crying, Akshit made her drink water.

Sid: Avu

He said keeping a hand on her shoulder.

Sid: See I am understanding your condition. I don't mean I know what you are going through right now but of course, you need time to handle yourself but your brother is waiting for you. Whatever it is it's the truth he has to go no matter what. It's the inevitable truth. Let him go peacefully. Bid him bye strongly

Akshit: Yes Avni. He is right. You need to let him go. You can't keep him waiting. He doesn't have much time. You need to go for now

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter