Chapter 11

After 2 days

The day came when Akshit was leaving for Singapore. Flight time was in the morning.

At the airport, a few office friends, their boss, and his family were there with him to see him off.

His friends were teasing him, his parents were instructing him about meals and taking care and his boss was explaining to him about client details. His eyes were in search of Avni.

She told him she would be here to see him off but still, she was not there. He sighed and shifted his attention to the ones who were there with him. He was busy with them.

Avni (joining her hands): Namaste Aunty!

She greeted his mother who was standing near Avni. Listening to her voice, he shifted his gaze to see her. He smiled widely.

Akshit's mom: Namaste Avneet. Kaisi ho?

Avni: Main theek hoon. Aap batao kaisi hai aapki tabiyat?

Akshit's mom: Sab theek chal raha hai.

Avni smiled and turned towards Akshit.

Avni: Hie...

Akshit: I was waiting for you.

Avni: Sorry!! Hazel ko school drop karne gayi to late ho gaya.

Akshit nodded understanding.

Avni: Sab ready hai?

Akshit: Haan... Sab ho gaya ready.

Avni: Great! Vaha time se khana khana and apna ache se dhayan rakhna. I know this is your dream project par health sab se zyada important hai.

Akshit: Arey bas! Sab same lecture de chuke hai. I will take care of myself. Don't worry.

Avni nodded.

Akshit: Tum bhi apna dhayan rakhna. Kaam and Hazel ke piche apni health matt bhulna. I know both are important for you but dono ko ache se manage karna hai to apna dhayan pehle rakhna. Hazel tum par depend hai to tumhe uske sath apna dhayan rakhna hai.

Avni nodded with a small smile.

Akshit: Will be in touch through calls and video calls.

Avni: Ye bhi koi kehne ki baat hai buddhu.

She slapped him on his forehead. He chuckled.

Just then they heard the boarding announcement. Akshit bid everyone bye and left.

Akshit's mom: Avneet?

Avni: Ji aunty...

Akshit's mom: Akshit ne bataya tumhare bhai bhabhi ki death ka. Sun kar bahut dukh hua. Hum aana chahte the par city se bahar the to nahi aa sake.

Avni: Koi baat nahi aunty.

Akshit's mom: Bhagwan sab theek kar dega. Himat matt harna.

Avni nodded with a small smile. They bid bye and went to their respective destination.

Avni reached the office. She went to Sid's cabin.

Sid: Hey!

Avni: Hello.

Sid: Gaya Akshit?

Avni: Haan... Sid lunch time me meri meeting hai.

Sid: Don't worry about Hazel. I will pick her up and take care of her.

Avni: Meri evening tak back-to-back meetings hai. Tumhari hai kya meeting evening tak?

Sid: Haan... Do hain.

Avni: Tum jab meeting me jao to Hazel ko play area me drop karna. She will play there.

Sid: Okay.

Avni: Alright then will see you in the evening.

Sid: Bye.

Avni went to her meetings. Sid got busy with his work.

Skip to evening

Avni completed her work on time and rushed towards Sid's cabin. She saw Hazel and Sid watching something on Sid's laptop and giggling. She smiled looking at them.

Avni: Hello!!

Hazel (chirping): Bua see these Tom and Jerry are fighting for the book.

Avni: Haan... Khana khaya ache se? Siddharth ko tang to nahi kiya na?

Hazel (innocent eyes, pout): No bua. I am a good girl. Khana finish kiya maine.

Avni: Very good girl. To ghar chale abhi?

Hazel nodded. Avni smiled taking her in arms. All time, Sid was busy admiring these two.

To be continued...

Stay tuned for next chapter