Chapter 37

After completing office hours.

Avni and Hazel bid bye to Sid and Akshit. They all left for their homes.

Sid and Akshit were still thinking about how to make Avni happy tomorrow but there is no idea in their heads. They were well aware that Rakshabandhan is a festival of brother and sister. Her brother Abhi and soul sister Vaish who were her whole world were no more in this world. No person can fill the space of their in her life. She was all dull the whole day remembering her moments with Abhi and Vaish.

With Avni and Hazel

As they reached home, Avni got Hazel fresh and changed her clothes then she got fresh and made juice for both.

Avni: Come baby aapka homework kare. Bua ko phir dinner bhi banana hai.

Hazel nodded. Avni made her complete juice then Hazel took out her book. While taking out a book, Rakhi fell from her bag.

Hazel (taking Rakhi): Bua teater ne sikhi (teacher ne sikhai).

Avni took Rakhi in her hand and tears brimmed in her eyes. Looking at Avni. Hazel's eyes were also filled with tears.

Hazel: Bua papa ko aese nahi kare?

She asked trying to explain to tie Rakhi. A sob escapes from Avni's mouth. Hazel too started crying violently.

Avni took Hazel in her arms and made her sit on her lap.

Avni (wiping Hazel's tears): Kyun nahi bandhege hum Rakhi bhai ko? Jaise pehle Hazel and Bua papa ko Rakhi bandhte the. Ab bhi bandege. Bua to mumma ko bhi bandti thi na. Bua mumma ko bhi bandegi. Mumma papa to hamesha hai humare pass. Vo na hum se bahut pyaar karte hai.

She said sobbing. Hazel hugged her. Avni wrapped her arms around Hazel. Both were sobbing remembering Abhi and Vaish.

After a few minutes, Avni calm down. She saw Hazel was still crying. Avni first wiped her tears and took water.

Avni (breaking the hug): Hazel baby...

Hazel looked at Avni. Avni made her drink water and was rubbing her back.

Avni: Aese nahi rote bacha. Mumma papa sad ho jayenge unki princess aese royegi to. Humari princess to strong hai na.

Hazel nodded with a pout. She raised her arm, showing her upper arm muscles.

Avni dramatically covered her mouth with her hands.

Avni: Itni strong.

Hazel nodded smiling, showing her milk teeth.

Avni: Abhi homework kare?

Hazel nodded. They sat for her work.

With Sid

He reached home. Like always on festivals every home has a different vibe of excitement and preparations. Same here as well. Zalak and Vibha were excitedly preparing for tomorrow. Sid came. He was sad. Of course, thinking about Hazel and Avni. He was feeling sorry for them and also was thinking about how to make this day good for them. He was very sure he couldn't make it special for them but at least he could make it good.

Zalak (sweetly): Good evening mere pyaare bhai.

Sid (calmly): Good evening di. Main fresh ho kar aaya.

He walked into his room.

Vibha: Ise kya hua? Vaise to aese itna pyaar se wish sunkar tujhse ladne lagta hai.

Zalak: Maa thak gaya hoga ya boss ki galliyan suni hogi.

Vibha chuckles.

Zalak: Main dekhti hoon.

Vibha: Haa aur juice leke jaa.

Zalak nodded and went to the kitchen. She took juice for him and went into his room. He was in the washroom. She waited for him for a few minutes.

Sid: Haa di?

Zalak: Kya hua? Sab theek hai?

Sid nodded. Zalak gave him juice. Sid drinks it.

Zalak: Bata kya hua? Udaas kyun hai?

Sid: Di kal rakhi hai and Avni aur Hazel.

Zalak understood what was wrong. She sighed sadly. She was feeling sad for Avni. In these few months, Avni and Zalak got really close.

Sid: Aaj hi Avni itni sad thi. Hazel bhi uske school me teacher ne usko thread wali Rakhi banvai thi. Vo bhi itni sad thi. Kal dono pura din akele rahenge as school and office band hota hai. Di hum sab to festival enjoy karenge but vo dono to roti rahengi. Bhai bhabhi ki kami hum kaise puri kar sakte hai.

He said as tears brimmed in his eyes. Zalak's eyes too filled with tears.

Zalak (wiping her tears): Jo unke naseeb me hai vo to hum nahi badal sakte Sid. Hum hai na unke sath but. Vo dono akele thori na hai. Hum karte hai kuch plan.

Sid: Di main and Akshit bahut soch rahe ke kisko vo rakhi band sake and at least aese akele to na chore.

Zalak: Haa tu fikar matt kar. Koi idea dhundte hai. Aur kuch nahi to hum evening me chalenge unke ghar. Unke paas Tab tak unko bhi thora akele chhor. They too need to take their pain out.

Sid nodded. They both then started preparations.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter