Chapter 38

Next morning

It was Raksha Bandhan. A special festival for the brother and sister.

Let's go and meet brother and sister. Sid and Zalak.

It was early morning. Zalak woke up and got ready. She was excited like every common girl gets excited to tie rakhi on her brother's wrist. On the other hand, Sid... He was sleeping peacefully.

Vibha: Zalak jaa Sid ko utha de. Vo ready ho tabhi tu usko rakhi band sakegi na. Ye ladka kabhi nahi sudhrega. Vaise to roz time se uthta hai. Rakhi ke din hi late karta hai.

Shooking her head in disbelief Zalak went into the room. She shakes Sid.

Zalak: Sid uth.

Sid: Di yaar sone do. Kya subah subah aa kar tang kar rahe ho.

Zalak: Arey! Rakhi hai aaj. Jaldi uthna chahie na khud se hi.

She shooked him again. Sid irritatedly woke up.

Zalak: Good. Jaa ready ho jaa. 10 minutes me mujhe ready chahie varna papa ko complain.

Sid: Ab bhi papa ko complain karo. Kaun bolega aapki shaadi ki umar ho gayi hai?

Zalak: Kyun bolna hai kisi ko bhi? Tu jaa ready ho jaa.

She walked out of the room. Sid sighed and got ready. Till the time Zalak prepared Aarti ki thali.

Once, everything was set. Both sit on the sofa. Zalak tied rakhi on his wrist and did his aarti. She made him eat sweets.

Zalak: Chal ab gift de.

Sid (innocently): Kayka gift? Gift lene ke liye thori hoti hai rakhi. Rakhi bandvate hai ke bhai behan ki raksha karenga. Vo to main karuga. Isme gift ka kya lena dena?

Zalak: Chal raksha main khud apni kar sakti hoon. Teri kya jarurat uske liye? Apni chhod teri bhi kar sakti hu. Tujhe maine rakhi bandi to gift nikal jaldi kar.

Sid (smirk): Raksha khud kar loongi. Aaye bade. Cockroach dekh kar Sid Sid kar bhaag aate hai. Raksha khudi kar loongi.

He turned towards Vibha.

Sid: Maa ye kaisi behan hai? Rakhi ke badle gift maang rahi hai. Maa itni badi ho gayi still. Socho koi bhi kyun hi karega shaadi di se? Aese rakhi band kar bolti hai gift de.

Vibha (chuckled): Sid apne pati ko kyun rakhi bandegi vo.

Zalak: Vahi to gadha kahi ka. Tu bandvana apni biwi se rakhi.

Sid (taking out a gift out of her pocket): Acha baba ye lo.

He gave her a gift. She opened it and got a gold bracelet. She happily hugged him.

Vibha: Chalo ab breakfast karo to hum logo ko mama ke ghar jana hai.

They ate breakfast and left for their relative's home.

With Avni

After getting ready, Both Avni and Hazel sat in front of Abhi and Vaish's photos.

Avni: Bhai dekho ye rakhi na humari Hazel ne banayi hai. Humari Hazel to smart hai bahut.

Hazel: Mumma papa teater ne bola.

Avni: Aaj hum Hazel wali rakhi bandenge.

Hazel nodded. Avni was badly controlling her tears. Looking at her parent's photos, Hazel's tears rolled down her cheeks.

Avni: Bhai bhabhi we miss you a lot.

Hazel: Yes mumma papa. Hazel baby miss you.

Avni wiped Hazel's tears.

Avni (taking Hazel on her lap): Aao papa ko bandte hai rakhi.

She gave a rakhi to Hazel and held her hand. Both tie rakhi to the garland of Abhi's photo. They did aarti and Avni fed sweets to Hazel. Hazel fed to Avni. Both were having tears in their eyes.

Avni: Main bandti hoon mumma ko.

Hazel nodded. Avni tied Rakhi to the garland of the Vaish's photo and did aarti. Hazel was silently looking at her parent's photos.

Avni took a gift and handed it to Hazel.

Avni (hugging Hazel): Hazel baby ka gift.

Hazel smiled looking at it. Avni too smiled a little looking at Hazel smiling.

Hazel opened it with the help of Avni. She smiled widely looking at her favourite toy set.

Hazel: Thank you bua.

Avni pecked her forehead and looked at Abhinavi's photo.

Avni: We miss you a lot. We love you.

She closed her eyes letting tears roll down her cheeks. Hazel hugged her.

Hazel (pecking her cheek): Bua ka gift.

Avni smiled with teary eyes.

Avni (cupping Hazel's cheeks): Thank you.

They were sitting there only looking at photos. Avni's phone rang. She saw the caller I'd. Her relatives were calling her.

Avni: Hello chachi.

Her chachi: Kaisi hai Avneet? Sab theek hai na?

Avni: Ji chachi sab theek hai. Aap kaise ho?

Her chachi: Main theek hoon. Beta maine tujhe isliye call kiya tha vo tera bhai aane tha tujhse Rakhi bandvane par na usko office se jaruri kaam aa gaya to vo Delhi gaya.

Avni: Koi baat nahi chachi. Kaam jaruri hai na. Aap log humari tension na le. Aaj tak hume kabhi aap logo ki jarurat nahi hui. Ab bhi nahi hai. Bhai bhabhi ne mujhe strong banaya aur mujhe pata hai vo log hamesha mere sath hai. Happy Raksha Bandhan.

Without letting her chachi speak, she hangs up the call.

Avni: Nahi hi aana tha to ye call karke kaun si formality nibhani. Ye dikhane ke liye ke they care for us.

She ignored them and calmed down. She calmed Hazel and both left for the park to divert their mind.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter