Chapter 5

Avu nodded and wiped her tears.

Avu: Thank you so much, guys. You are right. I can't sit and cry for now. My brother has always been a father to me. He has never let even a small problem come into life. Now he is waiting for me and I can't let him wait much

Hazel was quietly sitting and looking at their faces not getting anything but she chose to be quite understanding they are serious.

Sid: Don't worry and try to be strong

Avu nodded. She picked Hazel and walk towards the door. Akshit and Sid followed her quietly. She held the handle of the door and was gathering the courage to enter. Akshit held her shoulder and caressed it. Avu nodded and took a deep breath. She opened the door and entered inside with Hazel. Sid and Akshit were watching from the glass. As soon as Hazel saw her father with wires attached, she panicked.

Hazel: Papa

She started crying. Avu was also feeling like crying seeing Abhi's condition and Hazel crying but she controlled herself. She moved near his bed and sat down with Hazel in her lap. Hazel was trying to go near him.

Avu: Nhi baby ruko

Abhi: Avni you okk?

Avu nodded slowly without looking at him.

Abhi: Mujhse jhooth bol rahi hai?

Avu looked at him and couldn't control herself anymore and broke down once again. He had been with her since her birth. Neither her emotions went unnoticed by him ever nir she could lie to him for long. She slowly kept her head on his chest crying. Abhi caressed her head. Hazel also sat beside him on the bed. She took hugged him crying. Abhi was trying to calm them both down. Avu slowly calmed down and sat up. Abhi wiped her tears.

Avu: Not fair bhai. Pehle maa aur papa mujhe chhod gaye aur ab aap aur bhabhi bhi. It's not at all fair bhai. How can you both?

Abhi: Avni mera bass chale na to mein to tum dono ko Kabhi chhod ke na jaoo. Par ab kya kar sakte hai? Ispar to kisika bass nhi chalta na

Avu: Matt jaoo na bhai

Abhi: Mera bacha. Mein kya kroo? Tu bass apna dhyaan rakhna. Aur mujhe pata hai meri Avni bohot bohot bohot strong hai. Mujhe tere upar na poora yakeen hai. Rakhegi na apna khyaal? Mera strong bacha banke? Kbhi koi problem aaye usse strongly face karegi na?

Avu nodded her head. Then he looked at Hazel and caressed her hair. He smiled at her.

Abhi: Avni bacha you remember how bad you felt when you got to know Vaish is pregnant and when we had a baby finally. You felt so insecure ki ye mere bhayia bhabhi mujhse chheen legi?

Avu looked at him shocked.

Abhi: Aese matt dekh. I know you inside out. Tu khud ko itna nhi jaanti jitna mein jaanta hu aur jitna Vaishu jaanti thi

Avu nodded feeling embarrassed.

Abhi: It's okk. Tu bura feel nhi kar. Sabhi bade bhai behno ko lagta hai aesa hi. Mujhe bhi laga tha. Par hnn ab mein tujhse ek promise chahta hu

Avu: Kaisa promise?

Abhi: Jis bachi se tu itna insecure hoti thi, I am giving your responsibility to you. You have to be her father and mother as well. Promise me that you would always treat her as your daughter. Usse mere aur Vaishu ki kami kbhi mehsoos nhi hone dena

Avu: Bhai this is so bad. Aap aese kaise bol sakte hai. Of course, she is my daughter. That goes without saying. Wo meri beti hai aur mein uska khud se zyada khyaal rakhoongi. But okk I do promise you

She said holding his hand. Although she felt she didn't need to make any promise. But for her brother to rest in peace she did. Abhi smiled and signalled both of them to come near. Avu brought Hazel close to his face and herself also moved close. He kissed their cheeks and caressed them. He looked at them for few moments as he knew it's the last time he was seeing them both. Avu and Hazel had tears. Abhi hugged them both.

Abhi: Bua ko pareshaan nhi karna. And always be a good girl. Mom and Dad are there with you always

He kept caressing their backs slowly. Suddenly his hands and words both paused. His hands felt down. Girls looked up and his eyes were closed and he was gone. Avu broke down.

Avu: Bhayia

Hazel also started crying. She didn't understand much but she understood her father had left. Akshit and Sid were watching from outside. Tears rolled down their eyes seeing their condition. Though they couldn't hear anything because the room was soundproof

To be continued

So here starts the actual journey of IMPERISHABLE VOW with Avu's promise she has made to Abhi on his deathbed to be a mother to Hazel forever. Now what will be the fate of this promise? You will find out in further chapters.

Stay tuned for next chapter