Chapter 49

After Sid left.

Avni: Aunty ne pasand kiya ya jisne bhi kiya. Vo gaya na date par. He wants to marry her.

She felt hurt as tears brimmed in her eyes.

Avni: Tu... Tu chor ye idiot hai. Kare jo karna hai isko. Date par jaye, shaadi kare, honeymoon par hi kyun na jaye. Jo chaye kare mujhe kya. Bhad me jaye. Main apna kaam karu.

She wiped her tears and sat for work. She was working with utmost concentration on work... Na na... On Sid and his date. burning in jealousy.

With Sid.

He went towards his boss's cabin and knocked on the door.

Boss: Come in.

Sid entered in cabin.

Boss: Siddharth come have a seat.

Sid nodded and sat in front of his boss.

Sid: Yes sir?

Boss: I called you here for an important work.

Sid nodded.

Boss: Do you know our Delhi branch got Sigma Ltd's project like two months ago?

Sid: Yes sir. One of the biggest projects it is and also a challenging one. I assisted Mr George in resourcing.

Boss: Correct. We are facing some issues in that project. There is an imbalance of resources. Me George... He has been sick for the past few days and in his absence, these problems arise. Still, he isn't well enough to join the work.

Sid: Oh! This will create a huge impact on profits and will also affect our impression in front of clients.

Boss: Now, looking at problems clients are asking for meetings to resolve these issues. Directors asked me if you can go there and look into these. If you can meet clients and handle the situations as you have already information about the project and you are also good in resourcing. Once, Mr George will be good to join. You can come back but in his absence. If you can go and lead this for a few days. It's not only me but also the directors who are asking.

Sid: Alright sir. I will go and look into this issue.

Boss: That's a good help for us. I will book your tickets for the evening flight. So, from morning only you can start working and clients can meet up with you evening. They are worried about looking at situations. So, as soon as possible we have to set meet up with them.

Sid nodded with a smile.

Boss: You can leave now and start your packing. I will send you details of flight, hotel and everything by mail.

Sid: Okay sir.

Sid left his cabin. He was lost in thoughts, thinking about the project and walking and didn't know where. When he bumps into someone. Sid came back to his senses and saw Akshit. He was carrying Hazel in his arms and she was sleeping. Sid gave him a confused look.

Akshit: Kidhar ghum hai bhai tu?

Sid: Lunch ke baad boss ne bhulaya. Meeting me tha boss ke sath. Hazel?

Akshit: Haa vo Avni ko meeting me jana tha. Hazel ko apni cabin me akele kaise chorti. Tu meeting me tha boss ke sath to she asked me for help.

Sid: Haan! Avni gayi meeting ke liye?

Akshit: Haa just abhi... Uska new project start hua na. Clients aaye hai. Ab to ye phasi for next 3-4 hours. Ek to project bhi delicate hai.

Sid (rubbing his forehead): Shit yaar...

Akshit: Kya hua?

Sid: Arey vo-

Akshit: Okay wait! Chal cabin me chal kar baat karte hai.

Sid nodded. They went into Akshit's cabin. Akshit made Hazel sleep comfortably and covered her with his jacket. They both settled on chairs.

Akshit: Ab bata...

Sid: Kal di ne nahi Avni ke samne bola ke main date par gaya tha?

Akshit: Haa... Tu aese kaise kisi ke sath bhi date par jaa sakta hai? You only told me you have feelings for Avni, remember? Ab ye sab kya hai phir?

He asked sternly.

Sid: Bhai kyun mere par chade jaa raha hai? Sun to le.

Akshit: Huh!! Bol...

Sid: Vo maa kabhi mere to kabhi di ke piche lag jati hai ke shaadi karo. Maa ne hi is ladki ko pasand kiya tha and bola jaa jaa kar mila aa. I tried to explain to her but she was adamant ke mujhe bhej ke rahegi for date. Mujhe jana pada. But I already rejected her.

Akshit (understanding): Got it. Ab?

Sid: Avni chir gayi hai ke as best friend maine apni date ke liye usko pehle kyun nahi bataya.

Akshit: Oh! Isliye ignore and weird behave kar rahi hai?

Sid nodded.

Akshit: Isme itna sochna kya usko explain kar.

Sid: Vahi kar raha tha ke boss ne bhulaya. Ab mujhe jana pad raha Delhi emergency me. Ye madam gayi hai meeting me.

Akshit (confused): Delhi?

Sid (sulking): Haa Sigma Ltd wale project me problem hui hai.

Akshit: Okay okay... Baad me call par baat kar lena.

Sid (nodded): Chal mujhe jana hai ghar packing ke liye. Byee...

Akshit (shaking hand with sid): Bye... All the best. Yaha ka tension mat lena.

Sid nodded. He walked towards Hazel and kissed her forehead, cheeks, eyes and hands. Hazel smiled in sleep.

Sid (whisper): Sorry bache aese hi jaa raha hoon. Uthaya tumhe to tum jane nahi dogi. Take care of yourself and your bua. Sidoo jaldi aa jayega and bahut sare chocolates bhi leke aauga. I love you princess.

He again peck her forehead. Akshit was looking at them with a wide smile. He knew Sid is perfect for Hazel to be her father. He went near Akshit and gave him a hug.

Sid: Bye... Avni, Hazel aur apna dhayan rakhna.

Akshit: Yups. Tu bhi apna dhayan rakhna.

Sid nodded left.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter