Chapter 30

After lunch

Akshit and Sid went for their work.

Akshit's POV

Ye to final hai Sid loves Avni. Ab Avni ka bhi pata karna hoga. Avni se kaise baat karuga?

P.O.V. ends

He was thinking when someone knocked on the door of the cabin

Akshit: Come in.

Peon walked in.

Peon: Sir, Boss ne aapko cabin me bhulaya hai abhi hi.

Akshit: Okay... Thank you.

Peon nodded and left. Akshit went to his boss's cabin.

Before entering he knocked on the door.

Boss: Come in.

Akshit walked in. He saw Avni was already there.

Boss: Come Akshit. We are waiting for you only.

Akshit nodded. He went and sat beside Avni. She smiled at him. He reciprocated the same.

Boss: Akshit, Avneet... We have good news.

Both looked at the boss curiously.

Boss: Akshit's Singapore deal which went successful.

Both nodded curiously.

Boss: The client again wants to merge with us for a new project.

Avni: That's a great news.

Boss: Akshit, I want to you handle it. You know very well what are project's requirements and what are clients' demands. So, you will be in charge of this project.

Akshit (proud smile): Sure sir. I will.

Boss: Great! Clients are visiting us tomorrow and will be here for the next few months. Avneet as Akshit will be handling this project, I want you to take over his current project. As you are about to finish your current project, you can work on Akshit's project. I hope you are fine with it.

Avni: Sure sir. No problem.

Boss: Alright! Ah!! Akshit by tomorrow morning update all the details of the current project and hand it over to Avneet.

Akshit nodded.

Boss: One more thing... Tomorrow clients are coming. I wanted to go and pick them up from the airport but I am leaving for the UK in a while. So, Akshit, you have to go and receive them from the airport.

Akshit: Sure... Share the flight details. I will do it.

Boss: Hmm... Avneet, it's not an obligation but if you can join Akshit, it will leave a great impact on clients. So, is it possible for you?

Avni: After dropping Hazel at school.

Boss: The flight is at 11 or something.

Avni: Perfect! I will.

Boss smiled. They went for their respective works.

Next morning

After dropping Hazel at school, Avni came to the office. Akshit was waiting for her. He saw her.

Akshit: Let's go. I was waiting for you only.

They sat in the company's car.

Avni (sighed): Traffic thi bahut hai. I thought main scooty par aa jati hoon but aese alag alag jana acha nahi lagta.

Akshit: True...

They were talking about random topics. When it clicked in Akshit's mind to talk with Avni about Sid.

He looked at Avni who was busy with the file. He took a deep breath, gathering all his courage. He wetted his lips.

Akshit (trying to be normal): Avni?

Avni (looking at documents): Haa?

Akshit: Sid kaisa ladka hai?

Avni (confused): Matlab?

Akshit: I mean Sid kaisa ladka hai? As I know him. He is handsome, nice, supportive and kind. Tum uski best friend ho to tumhe zyada pata hoga about him as a person.

Avni gave him a confused look. Akshit giggled looking at her expression.

Avni: Sid... Umm... He is my best friend. Pata hai we met in office. Dono ne sath me kaam kiya tha. From fresher till manager. Dono ka mil kar hard work, masti, fights, success or even boss ki daant. Dono ne ek dusre ke sath sab dekha hai. You know he was even bhai and bhabhi's favourite. Ab dekho Hazel ka bhi favourite hai. The way he loves and cares for Hazel. He is like an angel in my life. He is my best friend. He has been my biggest support. Now he is making every effort to not make me feel alone. If he had not been there I don't know how I would have handled everything.

She completed with a smile playing on her lips. Akshit who was silent all the time was observing Avni and listening to her words carefully. Akshit smiled sadly.

Akshit: Hmm... That's nice.

Avni looked at Akshit.

Avni (raising her eyebrow): But ye sab kyun puch rahe ho?

Akshit: Vo ek ladki ka rishta hai mere pass. Main soch raha tha Sid ke liye.

Avni's eyes were wide open in shock. Akshit chuckle.

Akshit: Arey! Main to mazak kar raha tha.

He started laughing. Avni started hitting on his arm.

Akshit: Madam driving kar raha hoon.

Avni: Haa haa theek hai.

Then their ride was silent. Avni played music and both were listening to it.

Akshit's P.O.V.

Sid likes her. She likes him. Dono ne realise nahi kiya hai. Avni is ready to move on. She should. Even she needs someone. But in sab se pehle. I have to know Sid and uski family Avni ko Hazel ke sath accept karegi ke nahi. If nahi to I have to do something. Meri Avni ka dil main phir se tootne nahi doonga. Already, she has gone through a lot. Aur I won't let anyone hurt Hazel in any way. If they will accept Hazel phir to inko milane ka sochna hoga.

P.O.V. ends

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter