Chapter 35

A few days passed away.

Sidneet, Zalak and Hazel spending time with each other on weekends is common now. To know about Sidneet's feelings and about Sid's family, sometimes Akshit also joins them on weekends.

Akshit and Avni are again on good terms in friendship. Akshit is also a good friend of Zalak. He is happy for Avni and Hazel.

In short, life is slowly coming back on track maybe?

A few days later.

As usual, Avni woke up early and completed her house chores. She woke up Hazel and got her ready for school. After feeding breakfast to Hazel, Avni and Hazel left for school and work.

Avni was doing everything like always but today the sparkle of her soul was missing. She seemed dull. Hazel was also sad because her bua was sad.

After dropping Hazel at school, Avni drove off to her office. Sid was waiting for her at the entrance.

Sid: Good morning Avni.

Avni (with a forced smile): Morning.

Just then Akshit came.

Akshit: Good morning guys.

Sid: Hi buddy.

Avni: Umm... hey. Ah! Siddharth tum please lunch break me Hazel ko pick kar loge. I have a meeting with delegates.

She appeared dull. Sid and Akshit looked at each other.

Sid: Haa don't worry.

Avni: Hmm... Thanks. Bye, guys.

She walked into her cabin.

Akshit: Kya hua sab theek hai?

Sid: Pata nahi. Ye itni chup chup.

Akshit (concerned): Hazel to theek hai na?

Sid (thinking): Haa of course. Kuch hota to vo batati na. Aur school hi kyun bhejti? Plus khud bhi office nahi aati.

Akshit: Point hai. Kuch problem hui hai kya? Jitna I know koi kuch bolta to Avni aese hurt hone walo me se nahi balki sunane walo me se hai.

Sid: Chal puch kar dekhte hai. Koi problem ho sakti hai. Varna itni dull nahi hoti hai kabhi bhi. Maybe she needs us.

Akshit nodded. They walked into her cabin. Before entering, Sid knocked it. They heard a muffled come in. Both panicked. They quickly rushed in to see her wiping her tears forcefully. Tears were not ready to support her.

Sid (worried): Avni ro kyun rahi hai? Sab theek hai na? Kya hua? Tu theek hai? Hazel ke related hai kya kuch?

Avni couldn't control anymore and a sob escaped from her lips. Sid hugged her, rubbing her back to calm her. Akshit saw them. He smiled sadly looking at them. Shaking his head to kick out unwanted thoughts out of his head, he took the jug and poured water into a glass. He forwarded the glass to Sid.

Sid broke the hug and took the glass. He made Avni drink it. Once, she calmed down.

Akshit: Kya hua Avni?

Sid: Sab theek hai na?

Avni nodded.

Avni: Kal rakhi hai.

She mumbled looking at a family photo of her, Abhi, Vaish and Hazel on the table. These three words were enough for the boys to understand exactly what was wrong with Avni. The volcano of emotions she must be going on now.

Sid (wiping her tears): Bhai aese rote dekhenge to kaise feel hoga unko.

Avni: Haan to aese jane se pehle sochte na.

Akshit: Avni unke hath me nahi tha. Unke hath me hota to tumhe lagta hai aese chor kar jate tumhe?

Avni nodded.

Sid: Avni hum bhai ya bhabhi ki place nahi le sakte. But you know we are with you.

Avni nodded. This is something they both can't help her with. Even though they want to they know they can't. Avni sighed sadly.

Sid: Acha chal ab smile to kar.

Avni gave them a forced smile.

Akshit: Aese thori. Real wali.

Sid (smirk): Mujhe na Hazel wali trick apply karni padegi.

Avni and Akshit looked at her. Sid started tickling her. Avni was feeling it ticklish and was laughing. Akshit stood admiring them.

After a minute, Sid stopped. She was catching her breath. Once Avni breath and relaxed.

Avni: Teri to main tujhe chorugi nahi.

Sid: Baap re! Bachao mujhe koi.

With this, he ran out of her cabin. Avni stood there. Sid went out and stood at the door to look at her.

Akshit (smile): Avni we are feeling sorry for you. We know you are a really strong girl. Tum sad mat ho. Bhai bhabhi ko bilkul acha nahi lagega. Hazel bhi tumhe aese dekhegi to vo bhi sad hogi. Always remember, we are with you by your side.

Avni nodded.

Akshit: Chal bye. Tu aaram se kaam kar.

Avni nodded with a smile. Akshit went out of the cabin. He saw Sid standing there.

Akshit (chuckle): Tu gaya nahi?

Sid (scratching the back of his neck): Umm...

He was trying to explain with the excuse but he miserably failed. Akshit giggled.

Akshit: Don't worry she is fine now. Baki uska ye pain hum nahi mita sakte. Even though we want to.

Sid: I know dude. But she is fine that's important. She is a strong girl. She knows how to handle her. Bas uske sath rehna hai hume.

Akshit nodded. Both left for their work then.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter