Reunion

By the time Rory got to Amy's house it was pouring with rain and he was soaking wet. After he had knocked he waited for a couple of minutes for Amy to answer.

"What are you doing here Rory?" She looked down, "I don't really want to talk to anyone right now"

"Well too bad, because we really need to, can I come in, it's freezing out here, and it's hammering it down".

She sighed and nodded, standing to one side and letting him in, "I'll go and get you a towel". She closed the door and disappeared upstairs.

Rory went into the lounge and sat down in front of the fire, turning it on.

Amy came down a couple of minutes later and handed him a towel, sitting down next to him. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Sarah and I aren't together anymore"

"Rory, please tell me you didn't break up with your fiancée because of what I said"

"Actually she broke up with me, because I'm still in love with you, and she said that she didn't want to marry me if it kept me from being with the person I truly love".

"I...I don't know what to say, what about you wanting children?"

He took hold of her hand and gently stroked it with his thumb, "I don't need children to be happy Amy, I just need you, and there's still the option of adoption or surrogacy".

She teared up slightly and looked down. "I'm so sorry about kicking you out in the first place Rory".

"Hey, look at me" he gently tipped her head back up and stroked her cheek, "that is all in the past, what matters is you and me, being together". He leaned in and kissed her, keeping the kiss going for a few seconds as he felt her kissing back. "I love you".

"I love you too".