The baby

It was about 3 and a half weeks since the baby they were adopting had been born and Rory had gone back to work after 2 and a half weeks.

About 2am the baby woke up crying which woke both Amy and Rory up, Amy looking at her husband. "It's your turn".

"No it's not, it's yours".

"Rory please, I've looked after Jamie by myself all day for the past couple of days".

"You don't have to get up early for work in the morning though, sorry Amy, this ones yours, I'll do all of them tomorrow night, promise" he kissed her and went back to sleep.

Amy watched him and sighed before going to settle Jamie.

A few minutes later she got back into bed and sat up, resting against the head board, causing Rory to wake up.

"What's up? Is Jamie okay?"

"Yeah he's fine, I'm not though".

"Why? What's wrong?"

"You need to stop using work as an excuse for getting out of dealing with Jamie whenever he wakes up during the night".

"Don't be so dramatic Amy, work is really stressful at the moment, especially since I'm away from you and the baby now".

"Don't talk to me about stressful Rory, you have no idea how hard it is taking care of a new born on your own, even for a day".

"Okay, so you go out on my next day off, give yourself a break, and I'll see how "hard" it is".

She looked at him as he emphasised on the word 'hard' and sighed, tearing up, "you really have no idea do you?" She got out of bed and went towards the door, opening it.

"Amy, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, where are you going?"

"Giving myself a break".

"Amy he's asleep".

She looked back at Rory, "I didn't mean from him".