The argument

It had been a year since Amy and Rory had got married and had adopted a little girl a couple of months ago, who was at Amy's mums for the night whilst Amy and Rory celebrated with friends.

The party had started well until someone had suggested playing truth or dare, which had led to a massive argument between Amy and Rory.

"We weren't together at the time, I didn't cheat on you, why are you so upset about this?"

Rory stood up and looked at his wife as everyone else looked awkwardly at each other.

Laura sighed, "maybe we should go" she looked at Darren and he looked back at her and nodded.

Amy looked at her, "no don't go, stay, it's fine" she looked back at Rory, "you want to know why I'm so upset about this, it was Sarah, Rory, your ex fiancée, of all the people you could have slept with, you choose her".

"You kicked me out remember, I was upset".

"Wait, you did it that day, 5 days after our son had died? I can't believe you".

"Our relationship was over Amy, dead, stop acting like everything is my fault, just grow up and let it go, stop acting like a bitch".

Darren quickly stood up, grabbing Rory's arm, "okay mate, let's go for a walk and calm down". He pulled Rory away from Amy, "come on everyone, the party's over".

Everyone left after Rory and Darren apart from Laura, who stayed to make sure Amy was okay.

"I can't believe he just said that, on our anniversary" Amy sat down and wiped tears away from her eyes, Laura sitting next to her.

"That was out of order, I admit it, but Amy, what are you more upset about, Rory calling you a bitch, or the fact that he kinda has a point".

"Wow thanks Laura, you're such a good friend".

"I mean, maybe you do need to move on from everything bad that happened to you, you have a beautiful baby girl, a husband who loves you more than anything, and an awesome best friend".

Amy smiled slightly, "you are pretty awesome"

Laura smiled back at her, "Amy, you need to forget about Rory sleeping with his ex, it did sound like he had plenty of reason for it"

"Who's side are you on exactly?"

"Who's ever side will realise this petty argument is stupid and they need to make up with their spouse. You need to put everything behind you, leave it in the past, look to the future".

Amy nodded, "yeah, you're right". She hugged Laura, "thank you, you're such an amazing best friend".

"I know"