Chapter 12

CONTENT WARNING
Explicit Sexual Content | shibari | rope bondage | submissive Jeff | dom Barcode | rimming | aftercare

_____

Notes
We didn't intend to take this long to post this chapter, but it's finally here. Mind the added tags before reading. Hope you enjoy it!

_____

It's the second time Jeff has to rewind the movie a bit when he realizes he's not paying attention again, but this time he pauses where he needs to start over and checks his phone.

It's getting late and there is no sign of Barcode.

By now he's given up trying to convince himself that he's not bothered by his recent outings. Though Barcode didn't have the heart to tell him, Jeff knows exactly who he's with, and thinking about what he might be doing makes his stomach tighten.

Barcode had decided a few days ago that he would go on the date, at least to make it clear that he was only interested in the other boy's friendship. When his opinion was requested, Jeff made it clear that he didn't think that was the best way out, but supported him in the decision, as it would be no different.

That is until he saw how handsome Barcode looked before he left for said dinner.

As he watched him getting ready, checking himself in front of the mirror, the truth is that Jeff gradually felt a lump forming in his throat. When Barcode left the room, he thought he couldn't control the urge to send a message asking him to come back.

The realization that the gnawing feeling spreading through his body is jealousy came quickly, and Barcode's night outings have been going on ever since. This is the third time this week. In the previous two times Jeff pretended to be asleep when Barcode arrived, and he wondered how poisoned by his own thoughts he already was when, feeling Barcode approach, Jeff wanted to move away.

And they haven't had sex in a while, even though a while is a bit of an exaggerated term for a couple of days. And as much as Jeff misses it, he doesn't feel the slightest desire to when he thinks that maybe Barcode's having sex with someone else.

Shooting with the others has also been torture. While working, Jeff spends time watching each and every interaction between Barcode and the guy, as if he's going to sense something, as if he needs to find out, as if he's being... cheated on.

And all this turmoil going on within him makes him overthink as he stares at the paused movie on the screen. For a moment Jeff feels like maybe it is really time to go home.

When the door opens, this time Jeff is sitting on the bed playing with his cell phone. The movie was still running when he gave up paying attention and used it only as ambient sound. Barcode takes his shoes off and puts his backpack away, but this time he comes to Jeff right away. He's impossibly handsome tonight, but Jeff can't tell anymore if his common sense and feelings aren't already completely compromised.

"You're awake today."

With a slight smile on his lips, Barcode approaches him for a kiss.

Jeff lowers his face slightly as he tries to subtly refuse and the sinking feeling comes back again, stronger.

"Phi?" Barcode moves back a little and sits on the bed, looking at him. "Is everything alright?"

"I don't think we need to go on with this anymore, do we?" His voice comes out a little hoarse when he looks up at Barcode. The expression on the younger man's face is confused, so Jeff decides to say it all at once. "Look, now you have someone you're really interested in and that's okay."

"What is Phi talking about?"

The question annoys Jeff a little, he won't deny it. He just laughs weakly and shakes his head.