Sweet as a Peach (Sun Wukong)

As I walked through the orchad, a figure suddenly swung from the trees, right in front of me. I squeaked when he suddenly appeared, nearly dropping the bowl in my arms.

"Wukong. You scared me." I huffed, pushing him back as he swung from his tail. But the simmian merely laughed as I headed past.

"Aw, c'mon, (Y/n). That's not hard to do." He teased before flipping upside up and landing on the ground behind me.

I rolled my eyes, before spotting his tail as he nicked a peach from my bowl.

"Hey!" I called, reaching for it, when he swiped another with his hand.

"You need a break anyway. You've been running this fruit all over for everyone all day." He told me, juggling the peaches out of my reach. I laughed a little, snatching one of the peaches back.

"They're offerings from the mortal realm. If I don't transport them to storage quickly, they'll rot." I told him, trying to take back the other one.

"Have you even tried peaches from the mortal realm?" He asked curiously, dancing around me to keep the fruit out of my reach.

"No, none of them have been for me." I said before managing to grab the fruit out of his hand. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to hurry." I told him, keeping the bowl away from him. He poked my side, making me giggle as I rushed out of the orchard.

Once I was finished with my runs, I headed back through the orchard to put the bowl back near the gate, when someone snatched me around the waist, yanking me up into one of the trees.

I yelped in surprise, dropping the bowl as Sun smiled cheekily at me. Setting me carefully in the branches.

"Sun, what am I going to do with you?" I sighed with a shake of my head. He chuckled softly.

"Eat a peach with me." He answered, holding one out to me. I folded my arms.

"The stone fruit isn't even ripe yet."

"It's not stone fruit, (Y/n). It's a peach." He laughed, letting me get a closer look. He was right, it was a peach, one from the mortal plane. I frowned at it, arching a brow at the monkie.

"I told you, those are offerings. Really Sun, you shouldn't steal those." I told him, taking the peach from him. He grasped my hand gently with a smile.

"No, no. I went and picked one myself! It's fresh from the mortal realm. I got it for you." I gave him a skeptical look, but he only smiled back at me.

"For...me?" I asked, my gaze shifting back to the peach.

"Yeah. Since you said you never had one before. Besides, sharing a peach with someone is one of my most fond memories when I lived down there."

A smile crept over my mouth at the sweet gesture. I looked back at the Monkie king before holding up the peach.

"Well...thank you, Wukong. This is very sweet." I told him but he just laughed.

"You gotta take a bite first, then say it's sweet."

I giggled a little before taking a bite. He took a bite of the other side, and we laughed as I quietly contemplated the flavor.

"It's definitely not stone fruit. But I think I like it." I smiled as the monkie king beamed at me.

"I'm glad."

We shared the peach between the two of us until there was nothing left, and I sighed softly.

"You were right. Sharing one was definitely the best way to eat it." I agreed as Sun climbed up higher in the branches, only to hang from his tail while looking at me.

"Then I'll make sure to get you some more." He told me as I tilted my head at him.

"And why would you do that?"

"Cause, I like sharing a peach with you." He said before swinging lightly forward, pecking my lips. I blushed in surprise, but the Monkie king only licked his lips with a wink. "It truly is sweeter that way."

Link for the Song:
https://youtu.be/kBKM5Ds4V4g