Take a Break (Tang)

I stared at the book on my desk, pencil crawling through the page of my notebook to copy what I saw into shortened facts I could understand later.

"Hey (Y/n). What'chu up to...ah."

I didn't even look up as I heard his footsteps approach, and he tapped the cup of instant ramen next to me.

"Seriously, you didn't even finish? How many of these have you had today?" He asked as I sighed.

"Not now, Tang. I need to get this finished." I told him, having to double check my spelling after the interruption. But he didn't leave. Instead, he exhaled as if exasperated and plopped himself down next to me, using me like a pillow to lean back on. I had to erase the lines he made me draw by bumping me. But otherwise, I didn't mind.

Or...I didn't until he began slurping obnoxiously.

I don't care if it's considered a compliment. When someone slurps almost directly in your ear, it's annoying! "Tang.." I muttered as a warning. But he was too loud to hear me.

"Tang.. Tang. TANG!"

He stopped and looking over at me casually.

"Yeeees?"

"You're doing that on purpose, aren't you?" I asked, looking over at him irritably. He just smiled back at me.

"I haven't the foggiest notion of what you mean." He hummed before continuing to slurp up the last of his bowl of noodles. My brow twitched, but I decided to ignore it for now as I turned back to my work.

However, the man was like a cat that demanded attention.

"How long have you been doing this anyway?" He asked, turning the pages of my book back to see where he had last seen me writing.

"Hey, c'mon!" I frowned, pushing the pages back to my spot. He placed a book mark where I was before snatching my notebook.

"Jeez, are you actually taking notes? Or transcribing the entire book?" He asked with a snort as I snapped my pencil in my clenched fingers.

"Tang, what are you doing? Give me, my journal!" I cried, trying to stand up and snatch it back. But I'd been sitting too long. Pain ricochetted through my ankles and knees when I tried to stand so quickly, and I crumpled to the floor as the man in glasses merely hopped away from me once.

"Hang on, I'm still reading. It's rude to interrupt someone's reading." He told me as if that were common decency. I growled before pushing myself up and wobbling to my feet.

"Tang. Give it back." I told him as I waited for the blood to return to my feet. Pins and needles wracked my legs as I once again tried to grab my notebook. But Tang was faster, walking clear out of the room. "Are you kidding me?!" I seethed before following after him.

He dodged and practically pranced around me in circles, keeping my book out of my hands. I followed after him till we got to my room and I tried to tackle him. But he moved out of the way, leaving me to land on my mattress with a bounce.

"Oh good, you've decided to take a nap." He said, patting my head. I grabbing his wrist and glared up at him.

"Give me my journal, Tang. Now." His smile faded as he stared at me.

"Only if you promise to take a break. You look like hot garbage, (Y/n). Have you even looked in a mirror today?"

I glared at him until he handed me back my notebook. I stared at it for a minute before looking back at him.

"Even just an hour. Get yourself something proper to eat, or take a short nap. It won't kill you. But this.." He tapped on my notebook. "Overworking yourself, can definitely hurt you."

I sighed as I sat up, and he sat next to me. "You're a jerk." I mumbled as he pushed up his glasses.

"I know. But it's people like me who need to remind people like you that this, is just paper." He said, gesturing to my notes. I huffed before leaning over and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Alright.. You win. I'll take a break." I said, before closing my eyes tiredly.

"Good." He said, seeming satisfied. But after just a few minutes, the sweet silence was broken once again.

"Wanna go to Pigsy's? I'm in the mood for some noodles."

Just a short chapter this week. Again, busy. I am trying to keep up with this book. But also trying to keep the chapters interesting.

Have you ever caught yourself, or someone you know, overworking? Make sure to take breaks; bathroom, kitchen, and water breaks.

I hope you have a Restful Evening,

G'Night Stars

Link For the Song: https://youtu.be/SiPomZFLqU4?si=P96jPRvPO__Y6JQg