You're Impossible (Nezha)

No one asked for this. But that's OK. This is just something I did for fun.

I dashed through the trees, using the trunks to propel me further along. The wind was at my back, but it wasn't enough.

Pink flashed from my left as I was suddenly sent flying, my footing lost. I tumbled before smashing into a tree, busting the bark and causing the tree to lean precariously as I leaned against the fragmented base.

My breath was already heavy when a spear was slammed into the tree next to my head. Nezha had me pinned.

Letting out a breath, he then held up a scarlet ribbon with a triumphant grin.

"You'll need to be faster than that to get past me." He smirked as I stared up at him.

'I'd lose a thousand times just to see that smile.' I thought to myself. But when I opened my mouth, I was a mess without air.

"I'll *pant* get you...n-next time." I cracked a crooked smirk back at him. But he arched a brow, his smile turning to a frown.

"You shouldn't push yourself too hard, (Y/n). I admire your determination. But at this rate, you'll only hurt yourself. Be patient, you're getting better."

I huffed with a pout. But as he hopped backwards, I started trying to get up. He held out a hand to me, to which I took. When I'd gained back some of my wind. I spoke with a bit of a more relaxed smile.

"You worry too much. C'mon, let's go again." I encouraged, reaching for the ribbon playfully. But he held it up so I couldn't reach it and shook his head.

"You need to rest. Besides, I have other things that need tending to." He told me before looking back through the trees. I peered behind him, as if I could see what he could. But of course, all I saw was nature.

"Alright. We'll try again tomorrow." I said, folding my arms. The lotus prince snorted before leaning his spear on his shoulder, looking back at me.

"What is it with you and tomorrow?" He shook his head, but I spotted a small smile.

"What can I say? Tomorrow, I get to see you again."

We stared at eachother for a beat before looking away rather quickly. Nezha cleared his throat.

"Yes, well. You should head back and rest. Regain your strength."

"Right...oh. Nezha, be safe, wherever you're going." I told him as he kept looking away from me.

"I will."

We were silent for a moment before I cleared my throat and started heading back the way we had come.

"I'll get you one of these days, just watch. I'll become crazy strong." I smiled back at him. And when I did, I noticed a bit of pink over his cheeks as he looked back at me, the smallest of smiles showing as he relaxed his shoulders.

"We shall see."

I decided to face forward before my heart beat its way out of my ribcage. Did I really see him blush? Or was that wishful thinking?

Without another glance back, I picked up the pace, jogging back to the training grounds. I'd take a quick break and then get back to training. If I was going to make good on my promise, I couldn't slack off now!

Link for the Song: https://youtu.be/6ZKrjiJpuxM