Where's the Limit? (Mayor)

I ran through the field towards the man standing amongst the flowers.

"Big brother! Big Brother!" I cried, tackling his leg. But he didn't flinch, merely looking down at me with a smile.

"What is it, (Y/n)?" He asked, kneeling to me. I giggled before holding up a frog I'd caught.

"Isn't he cute?!" I asked with a bright smile. My brother made a face that resembled a grimace. But smiled again.

"Shouldn't you be picking flowers?" He asked. "Like, this one?"

He held up a tiny lily that made me gasp, dropping the small animal as I took the little flower tenderly.

"It's so small!" I awed over it as my brother held out a hand, helping me climb onto his back.

"I thought you would like it." He said softly, heading back to the village.

"This is my favorite flower!" I exclaimed as he carried me, making him chuckle.

"You say that about every flower."

I pouted with a firm shake of my head. "Nuh uh! Just the ones you give me."

"Oh?" He paused, looking over his shoulder at me. "Why's that?"

I gave him a cheeky smile. "Cause they're the ones you decided to pick, just for me." I told him, and as he started walking again, I saw his smile widened.

When we neared home however, I heard screaming. Confusion swirled through my mind. Why were people screaming?

Big brother put me down quickly, and drew his sword.

"(Y/n). Listen to me. Go and hide, don't come out until I come get you. Understand?"

I nodded, and after being prodded to move, I ran to a tree to hide up in its branches.

The screaming didn't stop, and soon people began to run around, in and out of the village. There were strangers, attacking people I knew, or at least, those whose faces I knew.

There were men everywhere, fighting, and some killing. But I couldn't seem to look away. Clutching the little lily in my hand, I watched these strangers burn the village fences, and the houses soon caught fire also.

The screams died down, but the men never went away. I stayed in my tree, until night came.

A black haired man approached my tree, looking up at me with a sword in hand. It was Big brother!

I climbed down, smiling up at the man, until I realized, this was not my brother.
Running would have been for the best, but my legs wouldn't move as I saw my reflection in his blade.

~~~

The young man found his sister late into the night.

Cradling her body, he moved on, walking on and on, till morning broke.

He came upon the camp of his village's survivors, where they had to wrench the little girl from him, to bury her. Leaving him, with a single little lily in his palm.

"Why is the world full of so much pain?" He cried, holding the flower close.

"Yes..wouldn't it be so much better, if there was a world, with no pain at all?"

So, we all know, the Mayor doesn't really have a canonical name at this point in time. Not sure if he ever will.

That was a fun challenge to work with, writing about a character with no name. Plus! Another tragedy to add to the score board! What do you guys think? Two too many? Too bad, I like em.

Really though, I do hope you guys liked this chapter, and that I'll be able to write more and experiment with different scenarios. Lego Monkie Kid is such a good series and their characters are so fun!

Link For the Song: https://youtu.be/K-uv1jJtcSo?si=CVnaqofQdNp-uMgm