Kid (Macaque)

Gasping, I sat up quickly.

"It was just a dream, just a dream, it's ok."

But even as I told myself these things, my breath still took a moment to calm.

Looking around the room, there was no light, except for out in the hall. So I crept out if bed and headed into the hall.

The mystic monkey who lived here had given me that room to stay in. But it was so quiet, and so empty.

I wandered through the halls of the dojo before finding another room. It was also dark, but I could see someone inside, moving around.

Stealing into the room on tiptoes, I headed over to the bed as the black figure settled down again. Macaque's face was scrunched up, but his eyes were closed. I wondered silently if he ever really relaxed. Or did he have nightmares too?

I stared at Macaque while he slept, only for a minute, then he woke up. As if he had sensed my presence. He sat up quickly before realizing that it was just me. He sighed, rubbing his face.

"Kid...don't do that." He groaned as I kept staring up at him. After a minute, he rose a brow. "What is it?" I rubbed my hands together somewhat sheepishly before holding out my hands as a sign of wanting up, sniffling softly.

"You had a nightmare?" He asked before looking around the room.

"Uh, I don't really have anything for that. Otherwise, I'd probably be using it myself." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. I kept holding my arms up, until he picked me up with his tail.

"What? You want my bed? Afraid it's not much better than yours." He told me, setting me down in the blankets. "But go ahead and try it if you want." I played with the blankets a little, pulling them over my head. I then crawled into his lap and hugged him tightly. He tensed at my actions before slowly relaxing.

"And how am I supposed to go back to sleep?" He asked, but I just giggled, nuzzling him with a shake of my head. He gave a long and dramatic sigh before laying on his back.

"Just don't crush me in your sleep, alright?"

I nodded in agreement, though I knew I was much to light to do something like that, even if I wanted to. I felt his arm rest itself on my back, and we both drifted off to sleep together.

"Good night, Kiddo."

Macaque

When I woke up again, it was from light hitting me in the face. I groaned softly before blinking my eyes open and looking around. Light didn't usually come through in this room until evening. Had I really slept in that late?

Looking down, the little bundle was still strapped tightly to my chest, sleeping soundly. I hadn't slept that well in..a long time.

Shaking my head, I loosed the thoughts that were starting to bubble up and instead sat up, prying the kid off of me.

They woke up after that, but their eyes blinked out of sync and they yawned tiredly.

"Sorry kid. But it's time to get up." I told them, setting them down as I got out of bed.

As I stretched my arms above my head, I heard them flop over. A chuckle slipped out as I turned around, watching the kid snuggle into the still warm blankets.

"Alright...sleep well then." I shook my head at them. How long could they sleep for?

As I set the blankets around them, I wondered. When was the last time they got to sleep for very long?

"I'll get us something to eat." I murmured before stretching a little more. If they hadn't been getting proper sleep, how well did they eat before I came along? I created a portal and fell into it, traveling outside.

I wonder if the kid liked peaches.

Don't ask where I found them, it's not really any of your business. Just know, this kid is better off with me.

Besides, there was something about them, that I couldn't quite put my finger on. But something tells me, they'll be a great help later on.

Link for the Song: https://youtu.be/QBgl4rVz3Ks