Waiting For

A few months had passed, and it was Christmas eve now.

"Jetty my mom told me to tell you that you can come to their house for their Christmas party deal, so she basically means you better go or she's gonna be pissed."

"Ok."

He said with a laugh, "When is it?"

"Tonight."

He nodded, "Then I'm gonna head to the track so I got time to get ready after."

He grabbed his stuff and gave her a hug before he left. While he was gone she spent the day wrapping a bunch of stuff which she was terrible at. He eventually came back and and he had a bunch of bags.

"Look I bought you stuff."

"Unnecessary."

He shrugged and went upstairs and took a shower. He came back down, and they left. She drove them there, and Jett was scared for his life. They got there and he threw himself out of the door. She laughed and she went inside with Jett behind her.

"I don't even know how you have a driver license."

"Me neither."

"Jett did you let her drive?" Her mom asked him.

"Yes, but I will not be making that mistake again."

They all laughed and she hit his chest.  Chase walked in and hit Jett's head.

"Abuse." Jett followed Chase up to his old room.

"Will your like whole family be here?"

He nodded. "Shit." Chase laughed and went into his closet, and pulled out his first 250 East #1 Plate. "I been looking for that." They walked back downstairs and sat down in the living room with his dad.

"Hey Chase, Jett."

They waved to him and sat down on the couch. More people started to show up, and Jett looked over to Chase.

"How many of them are coming here?"

"Don't worry, most of them won't stay for long. They just get forced to come cause my mom buys them all stuff cause that's just what she does."

He nodded, and went to find Kaylee. He came up behind her and poked her ear.

"What the hell?"

"Kaylee language."

"My bad mom. What do you want Jett?"

"A new girlfriend "

"Good luck, you won't find anyone else that would deal with your shenanigans."

"You're not wrong, but there is a lot of gold diggers on my Instagram on the daily."

"Yeah and they're all ugly. Now go away your invading girl talk."

She said looking at all of her cousins. He gave her a jokingly offended look before he walked back into the living room and sat next to Chase. He and Chase talked with his dad and his uncle until his mom yelled for them to come eat. They all sat down and Jett sat next to Kaylee and Chase. Her dad said a prayer before they all ate. One of her cousins kept looking at him, and he looked at her with a questioning look. 

"I've seen you before, on tv or something."

"Probably when I put Chase on the ground in Supercross."

"Oh yeah, and then I took you out in the main event."

Jett nodded, and Chase laughed, "That was a great night."