Rough

About a month had passed since their argument, and neither one of them had said anything to each other. Jett was in a really bad spot. The only time he even left his house was to race or ride. He would either drink til he drowned or cry himself to sleep every night. 

Jett walked into his house and threw his keys on the counter. He leaned his elbows on the bar and buried his face in his hands. He went to the counter, and went to grab a bottle of alcohol. He picked it up, and stared at it. He shook his head as he opened it. "What is wrong with me." He said as he put his lips to the bottle and drank some. He set it back down, and went outside and looked over his backyard. He stared at some trees for awhile, lost in his own thoughts before going and laying down on the couch and scrolling through old pictures of them. He knew he needed to stop if he ever wanted to move on and not be a train wreck but he couldn't help it. He heard the door open and seen Chase walk inside of his messy house. Jett watched him walk into the living room and sit down on the couch.

"So when are you gonna talk to her again?" Jett shrugged. "Probably never."

"Jett you and I both know that you cannot live without her, and she's been as much as a train wreck as you have."

Jett stared at the tv, which hadn't been turned on in weeks. "I guess, I guess I'm  just afraid."

"Afraid of what?"

"Afraid of hurting her again."

Chase watched Jett trying to read his face but it was just emotionless. 

"See you at Daytona."

Chase said as he stood up and left. Jett didn't fly out until later that night but he went to get his bag ready. He walked into his bathroom, and stared at himself in the mirror. He looked like a stranger. He grabbed the rest of the stuff he would need before leaving the house and driving to the airport. 

****race day****

Jett arrived at the track and went back to the HRC semi. He went inside and put on his gear, and went back out to talk with his mechanic. After his mechanic made some changes, Jett went to go find Chance cause he was bored. He was walking through the pits near the end, and he heard something going on between the Kawasaki trailers, so out of curiosity he went and looked to see what was up. He turned the corner, and seen something he really didn't want to see. He watched as Colt Nichols had some girl, he couldn't tell what she looked like or who she was, pushed up against the side of the trailer. Jett ran over and put himself between the two and grabbed Colt's collar, and pushed him backwards a few steps.

"What the fuck are you doing you fucking dumbass!?" Jett yelled into his face.

"Shush Jett your just mad cause it's your girlfriend or ex or whatever the fuck." Jett looked back, and sure as shit, Kaylee was standing there crying her eyes out. She seen his eyes soften when he looked at her, before they turned black again, and before Colt could even think Jett smoked him 3 times, knocking him out. He let go of Colt's shirt, letting him fall to the ground, and ran back to her and held her as tight as he could.

"Hey it's ok, I'm here. He's never gonna touch you again." Jett said as he ran his fingers through her hair while she cried into his chest. He looked up when he heard footsteps and seen Chase appear. He slid his phone into his pocket and walked over to the two. He looked behind Jett and seen Colt passed out on the ground, and Jett's bloody hand. "The fuck?" 

"Colt just tried, to well, you know-"

"Oh hell no he didn't. He better wake up soon so he can have round 2."

"You wanna go back to the semi?" Jett whispered to her. She nodded, and he picked her up and started to walk to the semi when Hunter pulled up in the golf cart. Jett gave him the "don't say anything I'll explain later" look and sat down, and Chase sat next to him. Hunter pulled up to the Honda semi and Chase and Hunter stayed outside while Jett brought Kaylee in. He sat down on the bed like thing, while he put her on his lap and she rested her head against his shoulder.