Chapter 6 - Chains, Bruises, And A Gift From The God Of Sex Himself

Summary:

Loki feels out of control when it comes to your job, and that is certainly not something he's used to. He concocts a plan to figure out why your job makes you so miserable and if there is any possible way to help you. But before he can execute it, he decides to gift you with something special for your next lesson.

Notes:

Happy Sex God Friday!! I actually had a lot of trouble figuring this chapter out so hopefully it turned out okay. Loki's stubborn like that.

Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Loki hated a lot of things.

He hated your curtains, for one thing. He hated humidity, not for the stickiness and sweat it caused. No, he hated humidity for the sole purpose that it made his hair feel stiff and unruly. That was a crime in and of itself. He hated Fifty Shades of Grey - but really, everyone knew that already and if they didn't, he would tell them about his opinions passionately. He hated the color tan. It made no sense and it was bland. Fuck tan.

Loki hated a lot of things, but he had come to realize that you going to work was pretty high on his list of things to sneer at.

It wasn't that he didn't want you to work. He was not the type of man to force his woman to sit home, clean the kitchen, and present him with a roast when he came home. He had seen that in a few Midgardian television shows back when they were presented in black and white. Loki, for one, was not a fan.

Though, he did like the dresses.

In his mind, doing something you loved helped define a good life. Whether it was mucking stalls or creating literature or exploring the realms, if you were happy doing it, then that's what mattered. And if you had been doing something you loved, Loki would have gladly sent you off to work with a smile and perhaps another four or five love bites on your neck.

Well, he did do the latter.

But you weren't doing what you loved. You weren't happy. You were miserable.

He saw it in your eyes when you came home last night and he saw it again this morning. There was a dullness that disturbed the usual light of your irises, draining your spirit from your body. But this time, there was something else in your eyes, an emotion or thought he couldn't quite pin down. That wasn't comforting to Loki. So far, he had read you pretty well. Not knowing what that look was or why you held it or even what thoughts it provoked left him nearly anxious.

Loki watched as you slung your bag over your shoulder, wrapped a scarf around your neck - which he begrudgingly allowed - and nodded to him before leaving through the front door.

He stared at the door for a few moments, wondering if he should go after you and force you to stay home. No, he shouldn't do that. That's not very gentleman-like. But would it be gentleman-like to watch you walk to a place that burned your soul like a stinging toxin? Loki decided in this situation he could not win, therefore, he would hate your job.

There was a huff from beside him and Loki looked down, hands shoved in his pockets as Cooper walked up to him. The dog nudged Loki's thigh with his nose and tilted his large head.

"Relax, hot-shot. She's always like this."

"She's always miserable, you mean?" Loki asked.

If a dog could shrug, that is precisely what Cooper did.

"I believe it's more concerning if this is the constant state she lives in," Loki murmured. "If she is so unhappy, why does she continue to work at this job?"