Chapter 18 - A Frost Giant In A Freezer Aisle Is Pretty "Cool"

Summary:

It's your last day of vacation and you decide you want to make it extra special. When Loki proposes that you can do anything you want, you know that you are certainly going to take advantage of that.

Notes:

Hello there and happy Friday! So, this chapter is definitely new territory for me. You'll understand why if you've read my other works. I just hope you all like it!

Also, thank you so much for 30,000 hits!! I can't believe we reached that milestone already!! Gosh, I love each and every one of you so so much.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!!

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

When Sunday came around at long last, you wanted to cry.

You had to go back to work tomorrow and your blissful vacation full of sex, sex, and a bit more sex would unfortunately be coming to an end. You knew you'd still get laid even after you went to work but it wouldn't be the same. You couldn't wake up whenever you wanted, randomly get bent over a table and fucked, and you couldn't be around Loki for every moment of the day. Now, you actually had to focus on ridiculous things like work and bills and waking up on time again. There was a possibility that after work, you'd be too tired to fuck - well, no, there wouldn't be. Even tiredness couldn't stop Loki from being inside of you. But it was something to consider, at least.

Frankly, you weren't ready to go back to the mundane life of editing articles, wearing itchy clothing, and trying to cover up your bruises. Even covering up your pendant was now something you had to consider again. It had hung freely around your neck for these past two weeks - whether in the form of the necklace or the collar, it didn't matter. You didn't need to hide it. Really, you could leave the necklace dangling above your clothing at work but you didn't want the constant questioning.

And you knew there was someone who would definitely question you about it.

At one point, you would have been worried about Mr. Richards seeing the necklace. However, he already saw it and it brought literal fear into his eyes. Though, you knew that was because of Loki threatening him - a memory that brought you more joy that you wanted to admit. But it wasn't Mr. Richards you were worried about anymore.

It was Michael.

The man was creepy. You didn't know much about him and honestly, the two weeks away from work had actually pushed him out of your mind. You were so focused on Loki and his passion and his intensity than the thought of literally any other man was simply nonexistent to you. But now that you had to return to work, he had crept back up into your thoughts. You didn't want to have to deal with him and his lunches, his chocolates, and his odd behaviors. He had tried asking you out right before you went on vacation and you feared what he would do when you returned.

You had half a mind to ask Loki to come to work with you again. He didn't have to do anything other than just stand around in his invisible form. However, you were a bit afraid to ask him to do that. It was clear Loki cared for you and that he wanted to protect you, but you didn't want to become too dependent on him. You could handle this. There was nothing Michael could do that wouldn't be seen by all of your other coworkers. All in all, you were nervous, but you felt mostly safe.

Still, Loki must have sensed something was wrong. You had been sitting on the couch after lunch just staring out of the window. He had been saying something, but you weren't paying attention. He went quiet for a few moments, then he said your name. Still, you didn't respond. He began speaking again though you weren't listening to anything he said. Finally, Loki placed his large hand on your thigh and you jumped, whipping your head to face Loki. He was offering you a concerned look as he rubbed your thigh.