Chapter 14 - Sorry, I Got A Little...Tied Up

Summary:

With Loki's sudden disappearance, you can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of loss, worry, and anger. You don't know how long you have to wait for him to come back...if he'll ever come back at all.

Notes:

Happy Friday!!! Make sure you check the end notes on this one!! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!!

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

You knew Loki was going to leave you eventually. You just didn't think it would happen this soon, especially not after last night.

When you woke up in the morning, your body was pleasantly sore from all of Loki's divine love making. You practically waltzed into the bathroom to shower. As you turned on the hot water to bathe, you thought about inviting Loki to join you under the warm, soothing spray. You shucked on your bathrobe and walked into the living room, the sway of your hips ready to seduce Loki into the shower with you.

But he wasn't there.

He wasn't in the living room. He wasn't in the kitchen. He wasn't even in the dingy little guest bathroom that you never used. Cooper had not seen him leave - he communicated that with a shake of his head.

You figured that maybe, just maybe, Loki stepped outside for a few moments. You awaited by the door for almost two hours, standing against the wall with your lip between your teeth. When it was clear he wasn't coming back, you felt tears welling in your eyes.

"Loki?" you called out as you grasped your pendant. "Loki? Where are you?"

Silence. Complete and utter silence.

"Loki! Please come back! Whatever I did, I'm sorry!"

You couldn't help but think that this was somehow your fault. A million questions ran through your mind - what had gone wrong? Had Loki regretted telling you the truth of his heritage? Did he feel that he could no longer trust you? Had he suddenly grown bored of you?

You froze.

Did he realize that you developed feelings for him?

Panic settled in your chest as you gripped the pendant tighter. The edges of the gem bit into your skin so hard that lines from the stone's cut were etched into your skin. Tears fell freely from your eyes as you turned your face towards the ceiling.

"Loki! Please! I need you! I'm sorry!" you practically screamed. You collapsed to the ground and rested your head against your knees, trying to quell the sobs that erupted from your throat. Beside you, Cooper's nose nudged you. You looked down at your dog and tossed your arms around him. Your tears soaked into his golden fur but you couldn't find it in yourself to care. Cooper's steady heartbeat was reassuring beneath you, reminding you that at least you weren't completely alone. You rubbed your face against Cooper's shoulder and whimpered.

Cooper turned his face upwards and let out the loudest howl you had ever heard. He let out the yowling noise five times, each time growing more impatient and nervous. You sat there, your body completely still, as you waited for something, anything to happen. You were curled up on the floor for almost another hour but Loki had not returned.

"He's gone," you murmured against Cooper. "He's really gone."

You managed to get up a little while later just to use the bathroom and put some food in your stomach. But then, you returned to the doorway and sat there, waiting for the wooden structure to swing open and reveal Loki walking inside. As you sat there, you replayed every moment that happened yesterday in order to discover where things had gone wrong. You could find nothing that he said or did that would indicate that he would leave. He even told you he was never going to leave you, so why was he suddenly gone?