Chapter 10 - Loki And Cooper's Excellent Adventure

Summary:

Loki decides that he needs to figure out what the actual hell is happening on Midgard with these magical flares. Apparently, he's going to have a partner in crime on his trip. This should be fine.

Notes:

Happy Fridayyy!! Kudos to you if you've noticed the two pop culture reference titles in a row. I'm not really that creative so this is just what I do. Regardless, this chapter was rather fun to write and I think you'll see why (hint: it has to do with the title).

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

The next time your eyes slipped closed, Loki placed his hand on your forehead and forced you into a deep, nourishing slumber. Clearly, it had worked. Your snores were bouncing off the walls as loud as sirens. He rolled his eyes and waved his hand over you, cutting off your snores.

"Such loud noises from such a little thing," Loki muttered, shaking his head.

It was not his intention to put you under a sleeping spell tonight. Really, he honestly planned on whipping you up some dinner, perhaps hopping into the shower with you, and then fucking you so hard you passed out - maybe even still with his cock buried in your cunt. That was how you were meant to fall asleep. But the warnings of Odin were still on Loki's mind and despite how much he wanted to believe the old grouch was fibbing, Loki could sense that he was telling the truth.

There were random flares of magic spreading out in your neighborhood. He needed to figure out what exactly those flares were.

He didn't know how long he would be gone for, but Loki assumed it would be a while. Hence, he put you under one of the deepest spells he knew. You would be missing dinner tonight, so Loki also ensured your body absorbed the nutrients it needed from his magic. He wouldn't let you go hungry. No, he refused to do that. He would take care of you even when he was not here to do so physically.

But before Loki left your room, he sat on your bed for a few minutes and just watched over you. Your face was at such ease and you were so peaceful. Loki ran the pads of his fingers up and down your arms, taking in the smoothness of your skin. As he watched you sleep, Loki was struck with a pang of awe again. You were so beautiful that Loki practically fell to his knees again. He grasped the side of the bed with one hand as his other held onto you.

He was overcome with the urge to take you again. He wanted his cock so deep inside of you that you could feel him everywhere. But more importantly, Loki wanted to hold your hand, kiss your lips, and keep you so close to his that he could feel every slope, every curve, and every dip of your body. There was a moment where Loki wanted to abandon all plans for the night so he could just stay with you, though he knew protecting you was far more important than some self-indulgence.

Loki let his hand fall into his lap. Realistically, he didn't have to protect you. He shouldn't protect you, actually.

With the possible threat of danger on the horizon, Loki should have just gotten up and left. He should have taken your pendant and destroyed it, burning the remaining magic into nonexistence. He should wipe your memories, ensuring that when you woke in the morning, you would not remember anything about him. He should leave Midgard and never turn back. He should have gone into his temples and focused on his worshippers, eradicating the growing darkness that was possibly manifesting here.

Loki should have done a lot of things. He didn't do any of them.

Because when he presented himself with that solution of abandonment, Loki could not bring himself to leave you. The idea of tearing himself away from you felt like a dagger had stabbed his chest repeatedly. Loki couldn't do it. He couldn't leave you. He would do what he could to lessen the threat - lessen the threat to you.