Chapter 34 - A Single Decision To Change The Universe

Summary:

You have a big decision to make and you aren't really sure what you're going to do about it. Loki takes you to his chambers for a motivational pep talk and to share a secret of his own

Notes:

Happy Friday everyone!! I know I'm posting a bit early but hey, that's a nice surprise at least!

Before we start, I want to make a special dedication of this chapter to cunningavenger on TikTok!! They made a TikTok for "Get On Your Knees And Pray To Me" and it was just...surreal to see someone enjoying this fic so much they made a video for it!! So, cunningavenger, this one is for you!!

Follow them on Tumblr @ erisofmischief and follow them on TikTok @ cunningavenger.

If you or someone you know has made something for "Get On Your Knees And Pray To Me", whether its a video, a drawing, a HC, or anything really, feel free to send it to me!! I love seeing what you lovely readers come up with!!

So, here we go! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!!!

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Loki must have seen the hesitation and debate that was written across your face because he quickly straightened his back and cleared his throat.

"You do not need to answer now," Loki said, squeezing your hands. "I understand that this was a lot to find out."

"Your darling has had a long day," Frigga said, placing one hand on Loki's back. Loki looked over his shoulder, a startled look on his face. It was almost as if he had forgotten that there were other people in the throne room aside from you. Had he really been that enraptured by this thought...this possibility? Frigga gave Loki a motherly look and he nodded.

"She has," Loki murmured, turning back to you. "Come, beloved. Let's go see my chambers. I know I promised you a tour of the realm but that can wait, can it?"

"Of course," you said softly. You turned and curtsied to Frigga and Thor. "Thank you for your hospitality." You paused and lowered your gaze. "And I'm sorry for all of the trouble I've caused."

You could feel Cooper rubbing his cheek against your leg as Thor snorted. He crossed his large arms over his chest and chuckled.

"Nonsense. There is no reason to apologize," Thor said.

You felt your cheeks growing heated. "But the flares -"

"It's not your fault," Thor stated. "It never was. It was no one's fault but Odin's. None of this would have ever happened if he had just been honest with Loki from the beginning."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Loki asked Frigga, his large hand sliding along your back. To anyone else, it would look like he was just touching you. But you knew what was really happening. He was seeking the heat of your body, the calmness you brought him. He needed your comfort. You sunk into his touch as Frigga sighed. When she stayed quiet, Loki gave her a pleading look. His voice was soft, strained, as he spoke. "Mother, please."

"I wanted to tell you what was going on the moment you went to Midgard. You had found her, your goddess, your soulmate. I was ecstatic," Frigga said with a fond grin as she looked between you. "The destiny of our realms was changing, but the only way for it to change was for you and Thor to discover what was going on yourselves. That way Odin could be dethroned and your beloved could become our first Midgardian goddess, thus opening the gateway for the rest of the realms to take their claims in the pantheon as well. I had to hold Odin back myself or else he would have come and hurt her, maybe even killed her. If I had just told you what was going on, the connection would have been severed. Odin would have discovered what was happening. Your beloved would have been slaughtered. The realms would be thrown into war if the news got out. You would have been tossed back into a marriage with Princess Kassandra to cover up what happened."