6. First Dungeon Part 3

Rudra: what the hell

Jin: is that a tree?

Gojo: Yep, a tree.

They didn't expect this, a gigantic tree was in front of them. They were now in a space that was in the form of a half-dome as if a round sphere had been perfectly bisected. The wall was made out of huge square-cut stones, and water fell like a waterfall from the semicircular holes in the upper part of the wall. The water collected on the ground to form a blue lake, and two-thirds of the space was taken up by a blue lake. In the center of the lake, there was a large island.

The tree was planted on the island. It was so enormous that the roots that came out on the surface were the size of a normal tree. However, the most unique part of the tree was not its large size.

Gojo: that tree has a large amount of energy

Slime: yeah, almost like infinity energy.

Jin:  maybe it is the power source.

Rudra; but it looks beautiful.

Instead of green leaves, blue water droplets hung from the branches of the tree.  A tree with water elements.

Gojo: Yeah. I think we also found the boss of the dungeon

Slime: What?

Gojo pointed his finger at a specific place. He pointed towards the base of the tree where huge roots were exposed.

Jin: …What is that?

Jin-woo narrowed her eyes and stared at the place Gojo pointed to.

Slime: Is that a per…son?

[Eye of Gluttony]

The being looked like a woman with long hair, but Rudra shook his head.

Rudra: If we consider that as a person, we'll also have to treat goblins and Curses as humans. It's a parasite.

The being's top part was a human—and quite a beautiful woman at that, but the lower part was completely different. Nauseating-looking clumps of meat wriggled from the bottom part of its waist.

Yet, that was not the important part. The problem was that the creature was attached to the tree roots as if its lower body was sucking out nutrients from the tree like a parasite. This sight did not seem like a very good omen.

??? : Fufufu! Your words are too harsh.

An unfamiliar voice rang through the space they were in. The monster attached to the tree opened its mouth. Even though they were far away from the tree, they had no difficulty hearing its voice.

Rudra: Is that so? I thought it was quite an appropriate comparison.

Even while responding naturally, Rudra was ready to use his hidden abilities.

??? : I'm not sure. What do you talking about?

The creature smiled. It was an irritating smile that didn't show even a sprinkle of courtesy.

Rudra: Is your head lacking or did you not understand my question? Ah, did you not understand my question because your head is lacking?

Slime/Gojo: Hahahahaha

At Rudra's sarcastic remarks, the creature's snide smile disappeared. But again she smiled and said.

??? : kids these days don't have manners!

She ignored Rudra.

Gojo: Then talk to me, I'm not a kid.

Slime: Me too. I am also not a kid.