Prologue

: COPYRIGHTS ©

Death, is what usually occurs here .
Love is scarce ....Atleast until you find the right person .

  It's something you should all know as Nigerians that Maiduguri doesn't match with its name , it's not a centre of peace anymore rather it's something else , something opposite its name .

I was sleeping soundlessly on my mother's ripped out matrass with my sick mother who goes by the name Mariya , beside me .

She's a severe typhoid patient, sweats was dropping from my flawless dark skin , down my forehead , my cat-shaped eyes and down my full shaped lips as it continue to slide down my neck .

My mother  was also sweating just like me , we have no fan or air conditioner as the riches do in their lavishly decorated houses rather what we have is open windows that supplies manageably enough air for ventilation.

   My mother pushed away the light ankara wrapper she was covering herself with , i could see some part of her light skin shade that is  being reflected by the moonlight .

   I wiped away my sweats with the end of my wrapper as i hear my mother speaks "Akila..." She called , but i could not see her face completely since there was no light in the dark roon but only a reflection of light from the moon , her voice sounding so husky due to the fact that we had no clean water for a day now .

I pushed myself up and sat down on the mattress just like my mother. "Yes Momma" I answered warily using the usual name we normally call our mother with .

   Her reply came very fast and swift "Did you hear that sound ? " She asked me , her voice is not is not only husky but also held some tint of fear that we always have in our hearts mindful of fhe fact that we can be aggressed at any time by the Maiduguri terrosrists.

I held my breath a little so that I will be able to hear the sound Momma is talking about , i was internally praying for the sound Momma said she heard to be an assumption that she usually have since after my father, Aliyu , died by the hands of the terrostists .

   But an inevitable fate betrayed me when i also heard a loud sound , a sound I'm quite familiar with , a sound of gunshot, a sound of a tool that was used to kill my father , Aliyu .

"Did you hear it ? " Momma asked again as she hastily walked to the window trying to be sure but i did not  need to do that , i knew instantly that its then , they're back to do what they enjoy doing to people !
They're back to kill!

———————-
How was the prologue?
Poor? Bad ? Good ? Very good ? Or Excellent?

The first few chapters might sound boring but trust me and just keep reading this awesome book .

Lemme know your opinions in the comments section .

It's starts with MIGRATION and ends with MIGRATION.

Don't forget to like ❤️
Share ➡️
And
Comment➡️.   If you feel like it deserves it .