CHAPTER 13

I rushed down the stairs of the maids quarters and made my way towards the dark hallway . As I entered the hallway, a strong sense of darkness engulfed me yet I still tried to continue walking .

I advanced my steps further but stopped when I saw light coming from the right corner of the hallway , I turned toward the right corner thinking maybe I've reached the living room .

What I saw next was confounding, it's a room , more like a document office due to the countless documents that are arranged in a book shelf . There's a large chair with a table that's filled with papers in front of it .

The door to the room's obviously open , I inquisitively walked inside the room , it looks much bigger than how I was seeing it from outside .

I tried to find a clue on what the room is by looking around the place , I carried one document from the brown square shaped table and opened it .

The first thing I saw in the first page was a name , a name of a person , but who ? Whose name ?

"Wahab Abdullah . " I read out the name in a mumble , whose name is this ?

I was about to open the next page when the document flew out of my hand , At least that's what I thought it did at first but , it didn't actually fly . It was snatched by the person by the person I turned to face .

It's the young boss , he's in a white suit , including a pure white tie , his cloth matches with his hazel eyes and the color matches with his skin color but the style , his style matches with his personality. Serious , handsome and stern .

It was when I looked at his hazel eyes that I realized how foolish I was , I should have been able to guess that the name is young boss's name .

' Wahab ' . That's his name ! The name that no any worker here knows , I guess they are just not as inquisitive as me . This is just my second day yet I got to find out his name ! Wahab .

"What are you doing here ? " The young boss whose birth name is actually 'Wahab' asked , his deep voice didn't scare me at all nor his intimidating look .
It was this question that made me to remember what brought me here , to the hallway.

"Good morning Wa-young boss . " I greeted almost about to use his real name .

"What . Are . You . Doing . Here ? " He asked again still inspecting my facial expression with his hazel eyes , his voice stressed each and every word he said .

"Young boss please , I have a request. Please can you change my room ? " I said hoping to get a pleasant reply , but not from the young boss I guess .

"Why ? " Was the next question he asked me still holding a frowney face .Honestly, I don't think he'll believe me if I tell him that an old woman like Habiba is a lesbian .

I really wish this 'Wahab' is not the argumentative type but unfortunately, he is .
I decided to continue pleading , my plea might be heard .

" Young boss please , I'm serious , I don't want to be in the same room with her . " I loaded still not knowing how to tell him . Habiba will pester me , she'll disturb my already disturbed life .

"I'm also serious , you need to tell me a sensible reason . " He replied making his eyes more intimidating probably to scare me , but not this time .

My mouth deceived me when it shouted " Wahab , please just change my room ha a ! " I didn't shout that , my mouth did , mistakenly ! I've realized that my mouth has no filter sometimes. I called him by his real name ! A risky mistake indeed !

I just stood there frozen in a spot as the young boss send intimidating glare to me .

"You....know my real name . " He said not stating it like a question but like a fact .

"No..young boss I don't . " I responded with an obvious lie .
The young boss took a step towards me making my legs to automatically move back but stopped when I felt my back connecting with a wall .

I'm trapped , maybe he will slap me now , or yell at me , or maybe he will sack me . But wait , just because I found out his name ? It's a name ! It should be publically known not private .

"You don't ? " I heard the young boss asked in a sarcastic tone .

"I don't , I really don't . " I replied still giving an obvious lie .

"What did you say just some seconds ago ? " He asked now folding his arms across his chest .

I tried to control my mouth by staying quiet this time . The place turned quiet with me not replying and the young boss simply looking at me

For some seconds, I wonder why he's been looking at my eyes that are obviously not as bright as his hazel eyes , is he trying to read out the truth from my eyes ? Or still trying to scare me with those hazel eyes ?

"I've to go to Inaya . " I mumbled and quickly rushed out of the room not waiting for a reply . This time around , I found my way into the massively large living room that I first entered yesterday .

________
Q : Best pets ?
I know a lot of y'all will say cats .