CHAPTER 11

Dusting the green colored medium sized bed was the first thing I did , it was not hard for me to make the bed at all , I'm already used to it .

I folded my maroon hijab and dropped it on the arranged bed leaving only my black armless gown on me .

I walked to the wooded wardrobe and opened the door to it , to my greatest surprise , there is different colors of gowns in the wardrobe. Whose clothes ? Is it for the dead human that was here ? I hope not .

I quickly closed it back and opens the door that's just next to the wardrobe . It's a toilet , a modern one totally different from the one we had in Maiduguri. I turned on the tap of the wash hand basin letting the water to rush.

My hands stretched out to the running water to perform ablution , after I did just that , I turned off the tap .

I exited the toilet and walked to the carpet wearing my natural facial expression on my smooth face . I put on my hijab and stood to pray .

I prayed and prayed and prayed till I could feel my knees no more , I prayed for God to unite me with my brother , I prayed for my Momma and Baba Aliyu .
I removed my hijab after praying and walked to the toilet . I need to bath , I just need to do that before sleeping.

I stretched my hand to open the door to the toilet which I entered .
My barefoot felt slippery on the tiles floor yet I tried to balance my stance , walking to the shower tap was what I did best letting the cold water to splash down my body .

It was only after hours of using sponge and soap to scrub my body that I exited the toilet after wearing on my black armless gown . I feel so much better now , clean and fresh .

I took a step with my leg forgetting to be careful on how slippery the tiles floor is , in the next second , I was on the floor . I fell really hard and the sound sounded like a slap .

I quickly got up when I heard the sound of someone opening the door , of course I wouldn't want anyone to see me lying painfully on the tile floor .

I was not surprised to see Habiba , her expression made me to realize that she probably heard the sound of me falling .
"What happened ? " Habiba asked me still not completely opening the door but only poking her head in .

I quickly covered my painful expression with a smile and answered "Nothing. "

And I guess my brother , Zakir was right when he told me that 'my smile is so beautiful that it can make others smile too ' because as soon as I let my lips form that smile , Habiba also smiled back genuinely.

"Whose clothes , soap , sponge and brush are in that wardrobe? " I asked hoping it's not for the dead girl , hoping it's new because I already used it as it looks new .

"It's new , Mansura changed everything just like she's been asked to . " Habiba replied and I was pleased to hear the reply , very pleased .

Initially, I thought there was only two workers here that's me and Habiba as my room is inside Habiba's room but where are the other workers . Asking wouldn't be difficult now , will it ?

     "Who is Mansura ? " I asked hoping I'm not annoying Habiba with my never ending bouncing questions.

I was glad to see that Habiba didn't look even close to annoyed as she smoothly replied "A maid here , they are other maids around here , their room is out around the corridors , it's only my room that's in this corridor . " Habiba said providing me with additional information.

I blinked my cat shaped eyes twice not really knowing what to say now . "Goodnight beauty queen ." Habiba said with a wink that quite confused me , she closed the door to my room after going out .

I automatically brought my pained expression back feeling a weak pain on my hip due to the fall , it was really hard .
Getting over the pain got done in a few minutes and after that I walked to the wardrobe with the intention of changing before sleeping.

I don't think I'll need any cream for now so I didn't touch the cocoa butter rather I pulled out a black armless gown similar to the one in me . The clear difference is that the one on my body is old while this very one is new .

I changed all my clothing feeling much more cleaner and neater than before , by this time , my eyes are already closing while I fight to keep it awake .
My eyes won the fight as I let myself to be engulfed by the magic of sleep wishing for my day the next day to go well .

Darkness was the last thing I saw before my mind went black into the magic world of sleep . Hopeful tomorrow will be good , hopefully I won't barge into young boss tomorrow, hopefully his sister will like me as a nanny .Hopefully , all the hopes will be fulfilled .

_________
Thank you for reading MIGRATION
Hit the star button and share !