CHAPTER 16

As soon as I stepped my foot into the living room , I heard the young boss's voice saying
"Come here . " to me .
He was sitting on the grey couch with a paper in front of him on the table at the same time he was pressing his phone only raising his head from it when he needs to speak .

I walked towards him and stood in front of the table opposite him . I wonder what he'll say now , hopefully it won't be about Habiba being a lesbian .

He motioned to the paper with his head and said "Carry it . " By this time my heart's already beating fast , what does he want me to see on the paper ? I don't know but I hope it'll be something good .

I breath out and extended my hand to carry the paper , my face automatically made a frown after I have finished reading it's details . It's a sack paper , he is sacking me ! What did I do wrong ?

"What . . Have.... I done ? " I asked in a shaky voice as I raise the paper up .

I watch as the young boss averted his gaze from his phone to my frowney expression.
"I don't want a lesbian nanny for my innocent baby sister . " He said in a serious tone , I understand the fact that he care about his sister , and is scared of letting her have a lesbian nanny . But who said I'm a lesbian ?

"I am not a lesbian ! " U protested in a loud voice , it probably annoyed the young boss because he sharply got up and threw his phone on the soft grey couch .

"Don't think I didn't see you , I saw everything . " The young boss said to me accusingly . He only saw a portion of a mistake yet he's already judging me with it , that kitchen incident was a mistake as Habiba said .

"Habiba is a lesbian but I am not ! " I responded totally disappointed in how he was quick to judge me .

" I don't have any enmity against people like you but I just do not want a lesbian nanny for my sister that is still a kid , she shouldn't know all this things at her age . " He continued speaking still believing that I am a lesbian.

"I said I am not a lesbian . " I responded trying to match his confidence yet I couldn't even be half as confident as he is .

"Prove it then . " He replied still keeping that darn neutral expression on his smooth face .
"Prove what ? " I asked .

"...that you are not a lesbian. " He responded raising his raising his right eyebrow inquiringly . I don't freaking know how to prove something like that .

"I promise.. I'm not lying. " I said to the young boos who is still giving me an accusing stare .

All of a sudden , he looked calm , from being angry to calm , he sat down back in the grey cushion and reached out for his phone .

" I will look into it , you can go . " He said to me while pressing some digits on his phone . I kept the paper back on the table and walked away .

I walked away and followed the direction of the forbidden hallway , the young boss saw me walking towards the direction of the hallway , yet he didn't say anything .

As I stepped into the hallway , what I saw was the usual darkness it held , but I guess I'm used to it . I'm used to darkness anyways , dark skin , dark hair .... Dark life .Dark environment wouldn't hurt , I was living in a dark environment in Maiduguri anyways .

I reached the maids quarters and climbed up the status of the maids quarters really quick . They were some workers around the corners yet I did a right run to Habiba's room where my room is also located .

Because of young boss now , I have to come back to this room , I gently knocked on the door which was quickly opened by Habiba who is in a plain black wrapper tied above her chest .

I quickly ran pass her and entered my room making sure to lock the door . I need to stay away from her , she almost got me sacked , almost got me homeless. I'm not forbidding her from doing her acts , of course I can not but just not with me .

I walked to my bed and lay in it to sleep before zuhr prayer letting the darkness, silence and comfort of sleep to carry me away .

_____________
Q: Hope you are enjoying MIGRATION ?
Pls check out my other stories too !
Don't forget to share , cute and comment.

🤍💚🤍