CHAPTER 25

I tried to balance the tray on my hands as I raised myself from the chair to do as informed.

"Where are the guests ? " I inquired referring to Mansura who was sharp to reply me as if she was expecting that question.

"In the living room upstairs. " She responded before turning to continue whatever she was doing.

I Carried myself out of the kitchen as I made my way to the stairs, did I forget to mention that climbing the stairs is very stressing ? Well it actually is.

"Another lap of stress." Was what I mumbled while climbing the long stairs a with the filled up tray on my hands.

Something seems strange because when I reached the end of the stairs, there was two men dressed in an all black suit standing by the side of the stairs each with black sunglasses on. They surely are some serious bodyguards or so.

I continued to walk and when they noticed the tray of drinks on my hands, they allowed me to pass without any interrogation.

I walked straight to the well-furnished living room that has only two people in it, a dark-skinned man with full eyebrows that looks like he's in he's in his mid-forties and the light skinned hazel eyed young boss sitting directly opposite each other with the large circular shaped glass table in between them.

The first thing I noticed apart from the two men was the three pistol guns on the table, it reminded me of the gunshot sounds in Maiduguri, a terrifyingly sound that can turn a fragile ear deaf.

I raised my legs in a slow motion still warily staring at the guns, the next thing I did was to gently drop the tray on the free side of the table. I was about to leave when I heard a voice that sounds like the young boss's voice, very deep and majestically firm, as first I thought it was the young boss's voice but it was actually the other man's voice who is obviously his father, Abdullah.

"Wait. " I hear him say making me to turn and face the two stern faces in the living room. That if a father and a son.

I confusingly gazed at the young boss who equally stared back at me, I almost failed to notice that he's no more in a blue kaftan like before, he's now in a dark green suit just like his father. The only similarity I could see here is the full eyebrows, everything else is different. While the father has black eyes, the son has hazel eyes, while the son has a straight nose, the father own is more of crooked than straight.

At that moment, I was counting each and every passing second feeling eager to exit this awkward environment.

"Wahab.." I head Abdullah called making the young boss to look from my eyes to his father's black eyes as he answered "Yes father. "

It looks like the father and son duo get along really well, but then I doubt this, if the son is a terrorist, the father must be one too.

Sometimes, just like now, when I looks at those well sculptured hazel eyes, I wonder if it can actually witness a murder and those innocent looking hands that looks like it can not even hold a gun. But I don't let pretty thing to deceive me, I never did and I will never do .

My thoughts got broken when Abdullah continued to speak after some seconds of silence "I heard that there's a last survivor of the attack in your house, is she the one ? " My senses suddenly became more and more altered, a last survivor, of an attack, he's obviously talking about me ! I'm glad he thinks I'm the only survivor, that means Zakir is safe ! They don't know that he survived it too. By Momma, Momma didn't survive it, she left us.

I was waiting to hear the young boss's reply yet he didn't reply fast rather he was just looking at me, a sympathetic look, those hazel eyes looked at me with pity.

"Wahab answer me ! " Abdullah said in a louder voice which succeeded in getting the attention of Wahab back to him.

I looked as the young boss swallowed hard making his bulgy Adam's apple to move up and down following the motion, he did that almost thrice before speaking, this already shows how unwilling he feels to speak.

"Yes father. " Wahab responded directly his gaze to his father who then intertwined his fingers together as if he's solving a mathematics problem.

I was even more cautious to hear Abdullahi's next sentence as he said "You know no one is suppose to survive that attack, no one should have been able to migrate out. "

That sentence got me really hard, no one should've been able to migrate out? What does that mean ?

The young boss turned to loos at me making it even more obvious that I'm the topic of discussion here. It's me .

"Wahab, look at me ! " Abdullah said when he noticed how the young boss occasionally turns to look the poor me. Poor me ?

The young boss turned his gaze to his father and said a familiar sentence  "Yes father. "

"Wahab, finish her ! " I heard Abdullah said to his making my adrenaline to shot up flowing rapidly through my veins.

________________________________
Authors : Heys...